Search results

1. B

A better error message when forgetting to select a file when importing from csv?

Would it be possible to add an error message along the lines of "Please select a file" or "You have not selected a file" when importing from CSV but forgetting to select a file. The error message that currently appears reads "An error has occurred. 0 Import Failed! Invalid file format (). Valid...
  2. B

Any chance of updating the Inline Edit plugin for J4?

First of all, a huge thankyou to the brilliant team that have got Fabrik working so well on J4. I have a website that completely depends on Fabrik for much of its functionality and before you all set to work was thinking I might just abandon it, but you all came to the rescue. One little...
  3. B

Problem with conditional validation

Joomla 4.3 Fabrik 4.0Gamma3 PHP8.1 running on XAMPP Copy of a J3/Fabrik3.1 website I have an IsNot validation which is supposed to run only under certain conditions. This worked fine on J3, but I can't get it to work on J4. The validation checks the value of Yes/No element...
  4. B

Atum template override added by Fabrik is preventing saving settings in Latest News Enhanced

After installing Latest News Enhanced on my J4 development website I was unable to save any parameters. The LNE developer Olivier Buisard has tracked down the problem to an Atum override added by Fabrik: administrator/templates/atum/html/layouts/joomla/edit/params.php He says that with the...
  5. B

Duplicating a date field

Developing J4 version of a J3 website on XAMPP. J4.2.8 Fabrik 4gamma2 PHP8.1 On J3 I have an events database with a field for the starting date and a field for the end date, both using the old date element. Most events are on a single day, so very conveniently after selecting a date in the...
  6. B

Error when trying to create new table

Joomla4.2 PHP8.1 Fabrik4gamma1 Website running on localhost is an upgraded version of a production Joomla3 website. This is the same website referred to in thread https://fabrikar.com/forums/index.php?posts/280547/. Because the form referred to in that thread has several validations that are...
  7. B

Setting a condition for running validation causing error

Setting a condition for running validation causing error Context: Development website on Localhost with PHP8.1 running J4.2.8 and Fabrik4gamma. Upgraded copy of live J3.10 website on which Fabrik runs without problem. Fabrik used in backend only, to input data into an events database. The user...
  8. B

mysqli object is not fully initialized

Good day to the developers of Fabrik 4 - many thanks for the work you've been doing and congratulations on progress so far. A few months back I installed Fabrik 4 on a copy of my website hosted on XAMPP and was impressed with the results. This week I've uploaded a more recent copy of the...
  9. B

update_col list plugin and PHP8

When I try to use the update_col list plugin using PHP8 I get an error message " 0 Attempt to modify property "coltoupdate" on null". I've tried with various columns and values but always get the same result. The plugin worked well on PHP7.4 (and has proved very useful!)
  10. B

PHP8 error with calc plugin

I downloaded the Github zip that was current about ten days ago and installed it on a website. Today I tried switching the website to PHP8, but have run into a problem with the calc element. Error messages: Unsupported operand types: string + string /plugins/fabrik_element/calc/calc.php(105) ...
  11. B

Created a copy of a list, but having problems with the elements

I'm sure I'm missing something elementary here, but I just can't figure it out! I've been using Fabrik for an events database for quite a few years, but recently decided to revamp the form and list. Let's call the original list and form are called List0 for simplicity I copied the list and...
  12. B

Setting a default value for a dropdown from the front end

I have a membership database which includes a fees payments table with an element recording the year that a payment relates to. The membership year runs from 1st May to 30th April. While payments are usually for the current year or for the year that will commence in a few weeks time, this is not...
  13. B

Using update columns list plugin to insert text on multiple lines

Is it possible when using the update columns list plugin to insert text with line breaks, eg a list of times like 09:30 10:30 11:30 If not, is there a way of doing it using a MySQL update query in Adminer or PHPmySQL?
  14. B

Where is the new jdate plugin?

I've updated Fabrik on my development site from 3.9 to 3.9.2 but can see no sign of a new jdate plugin. I only have the date plugin. It's not discoverable, it's not in the fabrik elements directory, and there's no mention of it on the Fabrik wiki, so I'm puzzled. What are the differences...
  15. B

Is it safe to delete the mpdf and dompdf libraries?

After updating using github I now have two big PDF libraries, which greatly increase the size of Akeeba backups. I don't output anything in PDF format, so is it safe to just delete the complete libraries?
  16. B

Fabrik 3.8.1: Related data link not working

I have a list of payments linked to a list of people. Clicking on a related payment field ("view") in the list brings up that person's payment record. Since updating the development website to 3.8.1 this no longer works. In pop-up mode I just "Loading" but nothing loads. In non-pop up mode...
  17. B

Fabrik 3.8.1: Pop-up filters not working (Javascript error?)

I've updated the development sites for two of my websites to Fabrik 3.8.1 and found that both of them have the same issue: Clicking on Filter in a list does not launch the popup. In the console the same JS error is shown on both websites development versions: SyntaxError: JSON.parse: expected...
  18. B

Field element - mask definitions query

I have a field which stores a UK landline phone number. The vast majority of these numbers are on London exchanges and have the format 020 9999 9999, where 9 is any digit, but a few are outside London and have the format 01999 999999. I'm using the mask 999 9999 9999 so that the gaps are...
  19. B

Prefilling a form element from a link

I'm creating a form for members of an organisation to provide some data to go into a completely new table. It would be useful if one of the fields in the new table could be the id from the main membership table - but I don't want the members to be directly updating the main table. What I have...
  20. B

List email plugin - unable to send attachments

I've been trying to attach a document (PDF or docx) to an email sent using the list email plugin. At first the message arrived, but without the attachment. After a few retries I updated Fabrik using the Fabrik-master zip. Since doing this if I attach a document the email doesn't arrive at...
We are in need of some funding.
More details.

Thank you.

Members online

Back