• Hello Fabrik Community

Fabrik is now in the hands of the development team that brought you Fabrik for Joomla 4. We have recently transitioned the Fabrik site over to a new server and are busy trying to clean it up. We have upgraded the site to Joomla 4 and are running the latest version of Fabrik 4. We have also upgraded the Xenforo forum software to the latest version. Many of the widgets you might have been used to on the forum are no longer operational, many abandoned by the developers. We hope to bring back some of the important ones as we have time.

Exciting times to be sure.

The Fabrik 4.0 Official release is now available. In addition, the Fabrik codebase is now available in a public repository. See the notices about these in the announcements section

We wish to shout out a very big Thank You to all of you who have made donations. They have really helped. But we can always use more...wink..wink..

Also a big Thank You to those of you who have been assisting others in the forum. This takes a very big burden off of us as we work on bugs, the website and the future of Fabrik.

Search results

1. alisamii

Using NoNumber Sliders to publish a multi-section, multi-session form.

I need to publish a form that is quite complex, with over 100 elements. The form needs to have certain logic that will allow the user to progress to the next section only if the current section is completed. Also, as the form is quite long, the client wants to provide the user with the...
  2. alisamii

Using NoNumber Sliders to publish a multi-section, multi-session form.

I need to publish a form that is quite complex, with over 100 elements. The form needs to have certain logic that will allow the user to progress to the next section only if the current section is completed. Also, as the form is quite long, the client wants to provide the user with the...
  3. alisamii

Document/File Management

Has anyone built a document/file management system using Fabrik that would allow users to upload documents for publication on the site but allow admins to have oversight and approve/publish or reject/unpublish the files? If anyone has built such a system, I would appreciate they get in touch...
  4. alisamii

Adding a loader gif/image on submit

How do I add a loader gif/image to a form when the user clicks submit. I need some form of indicator that let's the user know that their form submission is in process, especially when there are uploading a file. Currently, when the user clicks submit, there is no visual indication that...
  5. alisamii

Accessing the label in a dropdown element using formData['organisation']

Hi Hugh Perfect, that worked!! Thanks a bunch. Ali
  6. alisamii

Accessing the label in a dropdown element using formData['organisation']

Hi I am using a PHP plugin on OnAfterProcess to populate another table in the database. It needs to be able to access the label element of the dropdown, but I am only able to access the value element of the dropdown. I have tried using: $organisation_label =...
  7. alisamii

Suppress index.html from being created in a new directory on upload file

Hi p38 Thanks for your reply. I would prefer to still find a solution that stops Fabrik from creating the index.html files in the first place, as there is no need and there could be a number of these uploads taking up valuable drive space. Thanks Ali
  8. alisamii

Suppress index.html from being created in a new directory on upload file

Hi Is there a way to stop the index.html file being created when creating a new folder on file upload. Akeeba Release System sees every file in a folder as a downloadable file and we only want it to see ones we purposefully have uploaded. Security is already taken care of with .htaccess...
  9. alisamii

ETA on Fabrik 3.1rc3?

Friendly bump
  10. alisamii

Create sub-folders based on form field when uploading a file

Hi: For the above, we need to have it work as follows: User selects an organisation from a dropdown element. As part of the form submission, they can also upload a file (optional) We need to save the file to a location on the server that is in the format...
  11. alisamii

Define which columns are exported using CVS Export

OK, that seems to work but I have one issue. In some of the field values, I have html in order to format some aspects. For example, in my form, there is a "Field Trips" option which has a counter. The value of the element is: Souss Massa National Park<div class="places-left muted"><span...
  12. alisamii

Create sub-folders based on form field when uploading a file

Hi Can support be added to the file upload element to enable it to automatically create a subfolder under the parent folder based on the value chosen in a select field or a specified field in my form. I have a requirement to save files into a separate folder for each person registering on my...
  13. alisamii

Define which columns are exported using CVS Export

Is there a way to control which columns are included or not included when exporting form data to CSV? At the moment, when I export to CSV, the resulting CSV file has each column exported twice. For example, if my form is collecting the submitter's First Name, Last Name and email address, the...
  14. alisamii

ETA on Fabrik 3.1rc3?

Hi Do you have an ETA on when RC3 will be made available? I understrand that there will be at least one more Release Candidate before you GM Fabrik 3.1. Thanks
  15. alisamii

Validation plugin icons

Hi Rob. What is the simplest way to update just these plugins? I want to avoid having to update all of fabrik and then have to go about deleting all the build files? Thanks, Ali
  16. alisamii

handy tip to save on admin grid space when using fabrik....

Hi Paul, I was just saying that if a custom.css capability is implemented in Joomla core for the isis admin, then it opens up the possibility to put in all sorts of refinements to the component without resorting to the types of override that RocketTheme has implemented for their RokSprocket...
  17. alisamii

handy tip to save on admin grid space when using fabrik....

I would suggest that we could make the case that if Joomla does implement a standard custom.css capability in isis, we could limit changes like these to the Fabrik component only. Changing the padding on .table td {...} affects the entire isis display, which is fine for most components and...
  18. alisamii

Validation plugin icons

Hi Rob. Thank you. What is the easiest way to update only the specific files associated with the changes you have implemented above. This is to avoid having to update ALL the 3.1rc2 files as detailed in the "Update from github" page as that process leaves a lot of build files and other such...
  19. alisamii

Validation plugin icons

Hi Rob, Well, it appears that the icon font issue has something to do with Gantry 4.1.x and it's implementation of JUI overrides. The icons for icon-delete and a whole series of other icons are overridden by Gantry and even adding i.icon-delete.icon-remove {font-family: 'FontAwesome'...
  20. alisamii

Validation plugin icons

Re: the password icon, I am referring to the fact that the password element has a built-in default validation which compares the two input elements to ensure they are the same, thus there is no need to add a validation rule as a separate option. So, it would be nice to have an automatic option...
We are in need of some funding.
More details.

Thank you.

Members online

Back