• Hello Fabrik Community

Fabrik is now in the hands of the development team that brought you Fabrik for Joomla 4. We have recently transitioned the Fabrik site over to a new server and are busy trying to clean it up. We have upgraded the site to Joomla 4 and are running the latest version of Fabrik 4. We have also upgraded the Xenforo forum software to the latest version. Many of the widgets you might have been used to on the forum are no longer operational, many abandoned by the developers. We hope to bring back some of the important ones as we have time.

Exciting times to be sure.

The Fabrik 4.0 Official release is now available. In addition, the Fabrik codebase is now available in a public repository. See the notices about these in the announcements section

We wish to shout out a very big Thank You to all of you who have made donations. They have really helped. But we can always use more...wink..wink..

Also a big Thank You to those of you who have been assisting others in the forum. This takes a very big burden off of us as we work on bugs, the website and the future of Fabrik.

Search results

1. P

Preserving absolute date value when uploading via CSV

I have a CSV file with dated transactions that I want to upload via the CSV import. The problem is that the system applies some sort of timezone changing what gets stored in the database. if the csv has 2024-02-07 then that's what I would like recorded in the database. I am using the Jdate...
  2. P

The user element is not rendering properly

The user element seems to be only visible in the list view and even there it only user the userid number ie “137” . It does not show on the form/detail view. The element does however populate and update correctly. Hidden is set to No PHP 8.1.2-1ubuntu2.14 Joomla 4.40 Cassiopeia...
  3. P

Sending HTML formatted email via email plugin

I have an application where I have a form which I want to use to send templated emails. I have a cascading dropdown which pulls the email template from another list depending on the dropdown value. The template is a formatted HTML template (created and stored using field element). However when I...
  4. P

Pre populate a form field via url

My scenario is I am in detail view of a record and I want to link out from there to an add view of creating another record on a different list (to send an email for example) but I want to populate a field in the new record with a field from the record I linked out from. Something like having a...
  5. P

Form email plugin

I am looking to set up the form email plugin in such a way that the user can select which template to use when sending the mail. So I would like to click add from the list, populate the various fields and one last field which selects the template I would like to use. I have tried to store the...
  6. P

Joined field not auto populating for new records

I have two lists reximport and staffidentifiers. I have joined staffidentifers onto reximports (image attached) on the ApplicationID field and made it non repeatable. I have made ApplicationID a database join field in the staffidentifers field and it populates from reximports. When click on a...
  7. P

Comments plugin with different versions of the same list.

I would like to make different versions of the same list. I understand the best way to do this is make a copy of the list and then apply your prefilter to it. So different views of the list will exist but they will all sit on the same database table. I want to do this a few times so I can show...
  8. P

List on a database view

I am trying to create a list on a mysql view. When I try to edit the list I get the 1347 error "skill_base_V' is not BASE TABLE' The view includes a primary key which is set in the Primary Key field in the data tab in the list settings. I have joined this list to another list and it seems to...
  9. P

S3 file upload issue

I am having an issue with the fileupload element. I have a working list where one of the elements is a fileupload element that stores to an S3 bucket. I want to join that to another table so I created a mysql view that filters only what I want and made it into a list and left joined it to the...
  10. P

date element not showing in form view.

When I create a list I can see the date_time field that gets created by default in the list view but I cant seem to get it to appear in the form/details view. Is there anyway to make this element appear in the form/details view?
  11. P

"replace with icons" only working in detail view

I was able to get the elements ‘replace with icons’ to work however it only shows in the icon on details view and not in list view. The element in question is a database join element.
  12. P

Using S3 storage using the EC2 via IAM role

Hi , Is there any way the file upload element can be used to write to an S3 bucket that uses EC2 via IAM role and is open to read and write and does not use secret and key? This is essentially a public read and write bucket but just to a specific EC2 instance.
  13. P

Calc value not saving to db and only showing in list view.

I have a calc element with the following code: $myCalc = (int)'{student_impact_score___impact_on_students}' * '{student_impact_score___timing_of_change}'*'{student_impact_score___number_of_students}'; return ($myCalc); The element shows the result in list view only. It shows 0 in edit and...
  14. P

Related data list link not showing record count

The related data link is showing (0) but when you click on the list link there are records there. I am running the latest versions of Joomla and Fabrik and php 7.0.
  15. P

Does "leave existing file and increment" work on Amazon S3

Just wondering if three is an issue with this feature for S3. I have found several instances of the same file being recorded in the file field
  16. P

Google map bubble template issue

I am trying to create a bubble template with a link to edit the relevant record. I tried the following <a href="../sold-properties/form/11/{fabrik_sold___id}">EDIT</a> What gets rendered is 15 ">EDIT The 15 (id) is a hyperlink that looks like...
  17. P

Putting

I have created a MySQL view using the below query: SELECT Suburb, Year, SUM(IncidentsRecorded), COUNT(IncidentsRecorded) FROM fabrik_crime GROUP BY Year, Suburb What is the best way to create a list from this? Obviously it will be a read only list that needs to be searched. Is there any way...
  18. P

Unknown column in 'field list' error

I am getting the error ?Unknown column 'batch_number' in 'field list'? when I try to update a record that is part of a list with two joins. The database join element batch_number is using {thistable} for concats. The strange part is that the record ends up getting updated so I am not sure what...
  19. P

Very long list loading times.

I have a list that is currently 17 records long and takes in excess of 8 seconds to load. The table has around 30 elements with six visible in list view. I will admit that most of them are database joins and cascading drop downs. J! debug is showing a query time of around 8ms so it does not...
  20. P

File type validation. Is it possible with file upload

Is it possible to verify the file type being uploaded via file upload. For example if I take an .exe and change the extension to doc I will be able to upload the file. I am looking for some type of validation that will check to make sure that the extension matches the file type.
We are in need of some funding.
More details.

Thank you.

Members online

No members online now.
Back