• Hello Fabrik Community

Fabrik is now in the hands of the development team that brought you Fabrik for Joomla 4. We have recently transitioned the Fabrik site over to a new server and are busy trying to clean it up. We have upgraded the site to Joomla 4 and are running the latest version of Fabrik 4. We have also upgraded the Xenforo forum software to the latest version. Many of the widgets you might have been used to on the forum are no longer operational, many abandoned by the developers. We hope to bring back some of the important ones as we have time.

Exciting times to be sure.

The Fabrik 4.0 Official release is now available. In addition, the Fabrik codebase is now available in a public repository. See the notices about these in the announcements section

We wish to shout out a very big Thank You to all of you who have made donations. They have really helped. But we can always use more...wink..wink..

Also a big Thank You to those of you who have been assisting others in the forum. This takes a very big burden off of us as we work on bugs, the website and the future of Fabrik.

Search results

1. P

Dynamic list filters

It's only the list filter. For the join's where filter, in the form, I would use placeholders in the where statements and the AJAX update option, which works great. The question is if something similar can be done on the list filter.
  2. P

Dynamic list filters

Yeah that sounds about right. The practical end result would be a list filter which normally shows only active users, but with an option to include non-active users. Though with the way you're describing it sounds impossible... ;)
  3. P

Dynamic list filters

Sorry if the explanation wasn't clear, but setting the element as a list filter is not the problem. I'm looking for a way to dynamically update the contents in the filter, based on what is selected in another filter. Kind of like a cascading dropdown, but in list filters.
  4. P

Dynamic list filters

Is there a way to create dynamic filters for lists, so that when changing the value of one filter other filters update to only show the then applicable values. Example: There is a list of members, who can be active or inactive, and these are used in databasejoins for other lists. Normally...
  5. P

Javascript not working after mailing form PDF

For what it's worth, I've been digging into the files a bit and in the email.php file it's $controller->display(); (line 506), this links to the FabrikControllerDetails in details.php where the problem is in $view->display(); (line 106). I would assume this is calling view.pdf.php (in...
  6. P

I applied it, but it's still the same. Is there not some way you can clear everything and load the appropriate screen from scratch?
  7. P

I've looked at this some more and it seems that the form isn't loaded in correctly. When 'this.form' is used it returns null and the js fails. The first error is on line 1640 in the code that seems to fade in/out repeatgroup buttons, but when commenting that bit out it just fails in other places...
  8. P

DBjoin checkbox with where-clause

Yup, works great. Thanks!
  9. P

I've put the link to the form in 'My site'. The form takes text displayed in the field and puts it in the calc, via AJAX update. When the form is saved it is emailed, with pdf, and you're redirected back to the form. This is when the error occurs, and when typing text in the field you can see it...
  10. P

DBjoin checkbox with where-clause

I have a databasejoin, rendered as checkbox, 'my_table___join' joining to another table 'my_other_table'. I set the value as 'my_other_table___id' and label as 'my_other_table___name' and then in the where clause I make sure to select only appropriate rows using 'WHERE {thistable}.link_id =...
  11. P

If I have a form with email plugin with the option 'Attach as PDF' set to yes, and I save that form (and the email is sent), on the page loaded after that javascript does not work. In the console I see an error 'Uncaught TypeError: cannot read property 'addEvent' of null' in form.js:2. After...
  12. P

Cascading dropdown changing source data

Yeah, the brands and models is just what I was using for testing the possibilities. The eventual idea would be to have persons belonging to groups, and using the cascading dropdowns to create dynamic list filters, so when I select group1 as a filter, the persons filter is restricted to those in...
  13. P

Cascading dropdown changing source data

Say I have a cascading dropdown, first I have a dropdown "brand", with brand 1, brand 2 etc. Then a cascading dropdown "model", with model 1, model 2, etc, each model record has a field "brand" to use in the cascading option. When I change model 1 to be from brand 2 instead of brand 1, and I...
  14. P

Weird repeat group behavior with databasejoin

Have you had some time to look at this already?
  15. P

Filter values for previous month

Yeah I wasn't expecting that to actually work, but when I typed out how I would do it in SQL I thought why not try if it works. The point is that I want to achieve the effect like in your prefilter, but by filling in the filter fields, so that the user can change it to other months. I think I...
  16. P

Thanks, but the issue isn't about the format of the query string, that was just a quick example I typed out. My question is if there is something I can put in the spots where I now have '11' and '2016', to get the values for the previous month, like in a normal query I would use something like...
  17. P

I have a list with records that are linked to a certain month, by means of a dropdown to select a month, and a dropdown to select a year. Now I want the default view of the list to only view the records for the previous month. So today I want to see all records for november, so the filter...
  18. P

I can't seem to find any difference between slow or fast clicks, or even waiting up to a minute between clicks. It's also not only when adding and deleting that it happens, sometimes it's also when just deleting the last of four rows, without adding rows first. This seems to be less common, but...
  19. P

I've set up a separate website for you on another server, with a fresh Joomla 3.6.4 install and a fresh Fabrik install fully updated from github. In 'my sites' i've put a link to a simple form set up with a repeat group, and in that group one dbjoin and 2 fields. I've added the login details for...
  20. P

I do think there is a bit of a grey area when talking about bugs in the basic funtionality. Because even though I can use Fabrik for free, and I know and understand that you need the money from subscriptions to pay your bills, the first reaction is still that the basic funtionality should 'just...
We are in need of some funding.
More details.

Thank you.

Members online

Back