• Hello Fabrik Community

Fabrik is now in the hands of the development team that brought you Fabrik for Joomla 4. We have recently transitioned the Fabrik site over to a new server and are busy trying to clean it up. We have upgraded the site to Joomla 4 and are running the latest version of Fabrik 4. We have also upgraded the Xenforo forum software to the latest version. Many of the widgets you might have been used to on the forum are no longer operational, many abandoned by the developers. We hope to bring back some of the important ones as we have time.

Exciting times to be sure.

The Fabrik 4.0 Official release is now available. In addition, the Fabrik codebase is now available in a public repository. See the notices about these in the announcements section

We wish to shout out a very big Thank You to all of you who have made donations. They have really helped. But we can always use more...wink..wink..

Also a big Thank You to those of you who have been assisting others in the forum. This takes a very big burden off of us as we work on bugs, the website and the future of Fabrik.

Search results

1. arcadeicons

Struggling with WHERE in advanced filter - Cascading Dropdown

I'm trying to filter a Cascading Dropdown element List - "All Tournament games", built from table `repeat_tournament games` and two joined tables, `select_game` and `add_tournament`. I'm using the following query to successfully filter labels for the dropdown... (SELECT name FROM...
  2. arcadeicons

Error on form submission

One of my forms has started trying to go to a weird URL after submission. The form posts the data ok, but then tries to go to this url... https://www.arcadeicons.com/index.php?http://www_arcadeicons_com/option=com_fabrik&view=form&formid=20&Itemid=197&tournID=0&collectiontype=0&eventID=0 I...
  3. arcadeicons

Confused by Date/Time entries.

I have my server set to UTC time, Joomla set to UTC time, MYSQL uses system time, so it's is also UTC php.ini is set to UTC My users can schedule event start and end times. - User 1 has Joomla timezone set to USA - Los Angeles (PST = UTC-07:00). - User 2 has Joomla timezone set to Australia -...
  4. arcadeicons

Populating a dropdown from a complex query

I need to populate the values of a cascading dropdown element from the following query... SELECT add_tournament_repeat_guests.guestID FROM add_tournament_repeat_guests JOIN add_friends ON add_friends.friend_id = add_tournament_repeat_guests.guestID WHERE add_tournament_repeat_guests.parent_id =...
  5. arcadeicons

Error We are unable to find this record

I've started to get this error at the top of a form when I am trying to edit a record that has two repeat-groups attached to it. The record appears fine and I'm able to edit everything except the repeat player group. add_tournament <--- create event add_tournament- [add_tournament_199_repeat]...
  6. arcadeicons

Pre-filter on id exists in table

I have a relationship table that ties game scores to the global title of the game in question. The relationship table is the specific-game that a user owns. If a user deletes a game they own from their collection, it breaks the relationship between their previously posted scores and the global...
  7. arcadeicons

Ajax image upload drops image on edit-record since 3.6 update

Whenever I edit any aspect of a record that has an AJAX image upload as part of the form, any previously uploaded image doesn't show as existing in the form, on submission of the changes, the previous image is dropped altogether from the record and needs to be resubmitted.
  8. arcadeicons

0 syntax error, unexpected 'add_tournament_repeat_guests' (T_STRING)

My repeat group on my add_tournament forms seem to have broken since I updated to 3.6 on Joomla 3.7 last night. Not sure where to start troubleshooting this one as I haven't got any of my own code in this process to create a syntax error.
  9. arcadeicons

Image uploads and HTML in text fields

A couple of small issues. 1.) How do I get the url for uploaded images from a sql query? There's lots of info in that field, but I need the url to use the picture in an article. 2.) My text areas dont seem to be saving any formatting, I assume I'm missing a setting on the element but only see...
  10. arcadeicons

How to strip commas from number input fields?

I have an element designed to accept scores, and I run php validations against the scores. If there is a comma in the score entered it breaks the validation script. I have the field format set to integer and number format to yes. Some users will use commas when entering their scores so I have...
  11. arcadeicons

Broken image link rendering in image element

Using an image element to pull avatars into a list from an already existing table made by Community Builder. table _comprofiler has a field called 'avatar' which stores 2 types of image info... abcdefg.jpg - for an uploaded user Avatar gallery/tn_cartoonbear.png - for a built-in gallery avatar...
  12. arcadeicons

Concat an image URL from existing column data??

I'd like to be able to show my users' avatars next to their names in a list. The avatar images are recorded in a separate table, is there a way to build out a concat to create the image URL so it shows next to their name? image names are stored in #comprofiler___avatar users are stored in...
  13. arcadeicons

More validation fun with PHP

I'm trying to run this PHP script during onLoad of my form to check if the person accessing the form has the rights to actually use it to submit a score. $jinput = JFactory::getApplication()->input; $tournID = JRequest::getVar('tournID'); $user = JFactory::getUser(); $myDb =...
  14. arcadeicons

Validating based on multiple conditions?

I have two circumstances that I need to validate submissions that require checking multiple conditions. I'm using the validation 'greater or less than' plugin but I'm confused, is the validation to fail or succeed. e.g. IF A == B then ok to submit? or fail? Situation 1) I need to replace a...
  15. arcadeicons

Error 0 Invalid controller: name='list', format='html'

I have a list with three repeat group lists attached to it. All users can add and edit no problem, but if anyone tries to delete their entries they get the error 0 Invalid controller: name='list', format='html' I have looked at all lists permissions and they look correct. Issue effects all...
  16. arcadeicons

COM_FABRIK_JOIN_NO_PK message

I keep getting this message on certain pages, no idea what it is, how do I get it to stop? http://www.arcadeicons.com/index.php?option=com_jem&view=venue&id=9
  17. arcadeicons

'Group By' makes all listings disappear

Some of my published list modules work fine with the group-by option, and others just return completely blank results when trying to sort by any of the columns. I can't see any obvious difference in their configurations (but of course I'm missing something). Ajaxify is on in the module...
  18. arcadeicons

Force raw to generate Custom Links in List View

Fixed something, broke something else (Go figure) I'm using Joins to Display the names of Events and Locations from their ID in my list. I have the raw info in my table for both IDs (INT) and want to use them to render my custom links... e.g...
  19. arcadeicons

Add multiples of one item (users) to a form

I need to be able to add multiple users to an event. In my form I currently I have - auto-complete datajoin element 'guests' for my form table #_add_tournament - a table called #_add_tournament_repeat_guests how do I display the "+" option to add other guests in the form?
  20. arcadeicons

Feel like I'm close, but it's not working - Dynamic Table Columns

I'm trying to create a table with dynamic columns for a scoreboard I'm creating. I have all of my main data entered from my forms in 3 tables... table: #submit_score gameID = game ID (INT) player = player ID (INT) gamescore = score (INT) tournID = tournament ID (INT) <-- use to filter...
We are in need of some funding.
More details.

Thank you.

Members online

Back