Search results

1. P

Form 'Copy' button function

When a form uses the 'Copy' button a new record is created, but the date_time on the new record is the same as the original record. Is it possible to catch that event in a plugin and update the date_time to the current date-time?
  2. P

Conditional Required Field

Is it possible to make a required field conditional on the value of other fields? I have a radio button group that I need to be required. But only when a separate radio button group and a pair of dates are all properly defined. I'm working on the validation of this using JS. I can handle...
  3. P

Using Link element in list display via Fabrik list module

I have an 'link' list element. This is working great for normal list and form displays. The link is stored as "https://mydomain.com...". However, I also am displaying this list elsewhere using the Fabrik List module. In this case the link that gets displayed has "http://" prepended to my link...
  4. P

How to use an element to display a custom link?

I have an ID (e.g. xyz1234567AB). I want to represent that to users as a that value, but displayed as a link to a file that is https://staticdomain.com/staticpath/1234567AB.pdf. Is there a reasonable way to do that natively in Fabrik? Or, would it need to be some custom JS or even a custom plugin?
  5. P

Error when using update_col list plugin

I've added a list update_col plugin instance. It had worked fine. This project is in constant development so it is safe to say multiple things have changed with regard to this list. The button provided by the update_col plugin works fine now with some access viewing levels, but not with the...
  6. P

Scheduled tasks - email plugin - placeholders

I want to send reminders to users daily based on a field in a record. My problem is, this table does not contain an email address for the user, only the user_id. I've tried using the 'their' placeholder in the To field, but get an error on that. I was using {$their->my_table___user_id->email}...
  7. P

Update_col List Plugin - Send email not working

I've set up the update_col plugin on a list. It properly sets two fields in the table row when the button is clicked. But nothing I do seems to get it to send an email. I am trying to use a field for the email that contains the user_id. The field label is set to be a concatenation of the name...
  8. P

Placeholders in articles for form Email plugin

I have a form using the email plugin which gets the email content from a Joomla article. In the article I am using a $their placeholder. But it has stopped working. In previous tests it has worked correctly inserting the proper column element from the #__users table. Now instead the email that...
  9. P

CSV export from List Module

I have a page defined by a Joomla article with four loadposition blocks and there are four list modules - one for each position. Each block presents data from a separate Fabrik table. Each list module has a prefilter to select the user whose data will be displayed. Access to this page is via a...
  10. P

Fabrik Logs plugin for forms

I must be missing something. I've enabled the Fabrik Logs plugin for a form. I have it working but had two issues. 1) I have an element named exam_score in my list, but when I define that in the OR Template message field it tells me that field doesn't exist. Once I removed this column/value...
  11. P

PHP event triggering on forms

Are all the listed trigger events in Process script field for PHP form plugins always triggered or are some/all of them conditionally triggered based on context (e.g. onBeforeCalculations)? I have several PHP plugins and in some cases I want to make sure some plugins are executed before others...
  12. P

Get Fabrik Connection programmatically

We've set up a Fabrik connections to an external database and Fabrik can connect. However, I need to make that connection in a plugin PHP code. I can retrieve data from the connections table, but since the pw is encrypted the plugin code cannot make a connection without storing the pw in the...
  13. P

Two lists, one table: Add same element to both

I have two lists referenced to the same table. When I add an element to one of the lists then try adding the same element to the second list it says it is a duplicate. How can I add one element to one table that then is available to all the lists pointing to that table?
  14. P

Clone a Fabrik application?

We've created a Fabrik based application for a client. Now they want a next version that makes significant changes. Is there an existing methodology to 'clone' all the lists / tables / forms / elements within Fabrik to support a totally separate application?
  15. P

CSV Export not working

At some point after upgrading to Joomla 3.10 and Fabrik 3.10 it seems that CSV exports from list pages are not working. The modal is not being displayed and the console is reporting the below. I'm not sure if this is some sort of JS conflict or a plugin that isn't enabled or something more than...
  16. P

Best practices for development to production environments

What are the best methods to allow use of separate production and development environments with Fabrik? We have a current Joomla site and established Fabrik application implementation used as a live production site. We now want to clone the existing site to create a development environment...
  17. P

List pagination with group by

I have a list that is defined with a group by on one column in the list (happens to be a user_id). When the list is displayed with pagination enabled, it seems the group by is being applied after pagination rather than before. So if records per page in pagination are set to less than the...
  18. P

Joomla plugins in Fabrik tool tips?

I have some extensive help text for a specific element that depend on the selection of a previous element. E.g.: Selector element 1 has options [A, B, C] Computation element 1 is a text field. Depending on the user's pick in Selector element 1, the tip displayed for this element should...
  19. P

Error: Undefined variable where in Fabrik list.php at 7833

Joomla 3.9.8, Fabrik 3.9, PHP 7.1.30 While trying to edit and save a record (from a list view, clicking on the Edit icon, modifying and then saving the record). The record edits fine and saves in the database. However, this message is logged in the error_php file: [11-Jul-2019 17:21:19 UTC]...
  20. P

How to ... Register a new User

The site I'm working on has existing Joomla users. The new Fabrik project will management a certification process which begins with a person's registration for a course. The course registrant may already exist on the site or not. I've set up a registration list / form with the JUser plugin. This...
We are in need of some funding.
More details.

Thank you.

Members online

Back