Search results

1. lori19

Rendering issues with Ajaxify Links

Hello! I'm experimenting with the "Ajaxify Links" setting in the list options that opens form and view in a modal and encountered some issues: - jdate field in the Add view: I put the date format on 'd M Y' and it displays as '02 APRIL_SHORT 2024' - details view: javascript hide/show are not...
  2. lori19

Workaround Sehedule: Email with placeholder

Hi all! I'm trying to run a scheduled email to multiple addresses.If I input the To: addresses manually, all is fine. If I generate my To: addresses dynamically using a calc element and insert the placeholder in the To: field, the test run produces an error: Note an email address...
  3. lori19

Cascading dropdown in filter

Hello fellow Fabrikans! Here's one that is keeping me busy right now. Maybe you encountered it too and have some ideas. I have a cascading dropdown element that I also want to use in the filter option. Only it shows no values to select - until you choose also a value for the element that the...
  4. lori19

Repeatable group repeats only once

Hi there I noticed that it is not possible to add 2 or 3 new rows to a repeatable group within a form at once. The first adding goes well, when I click on the + button for a third entry nothing happens. The console show a js error: TypeError: null is not an object (evaluating 'container.id')...
  5. lori19

jdate saves wrong date

Hi there This is a strange one that keeps me up: I have a simple (6-element) repeated group that contains a jdate element. When I select e.g. 30. January 2024, the database stores 29. January 2024 - but the form keeps showing 30. January 2024. I only noticed this because I need that date at...
  6. lori19

Solved: J5: custom ordering of elements

Hi there After upgrading to J5.0.2, I seem to have lost the custom ordering feature in the elements list. All elements are now displayed in alphabetical order of their names. The icon to move them is not there anymore. Kindly, Lorenz
  7. lori19

J5: Ajaxify list

Hi Fabrikians Running on J5.0.2, F4Z and PHP 8.1.25 I set a list to ajaxify the links so that the Add button is openend in a popup. The popup appears but is not showing the form. The browser console shows me the following error...
  8. lori19

Hide Form Introduction Text

Hi there I use the introduction text of a form to display some guidance for filling it out (add). However, once the form is saved and the dataset is accessed again (edit) this information is not needed anymore, as the form has already been filled out. Any idea on how to best show/hide the...
  9. lori19

Accordion Form

Hi all I'm trying to setup my form so that the groups show in an accordion style. Following this wiki entry, I assumed the js has now to go into media/com_fabrik/js There is some contradiction in the wiki on how to call the js, form_xy.js or xy.js whereby xy stand for the form-id. (see here)...
  10. lori19

Do-it-yourself repeatagle group

Hi all Here’s a case study on how to set up a do-it-yourself repeat ablegroup, as a demonstration of the power and flexibility of Fabrik. And maybe someone finds it useful for her/his own project. Why would one need a DIY-repeat group instead of using the built-in option? Good question, here’...
  11. lori19

Feature Suggestions

Hi all Here's a suggestion for a new feature for future Fabrik version: Group selection in menu item Select which groups to show in a form when setting up the menu item that points to the list or the form. I often have lists that contain very similar data, and I clone the form and put the...
  12. lori19

Stripped repeatable groups

Hi all! Currently, I'm using a number of repeatable groups that can have quite a few repetitions. So I wanted to make them more easily distinguishable for the user. Fabriks offers tis feature for lists but not for repeatable groups (list or table layout). After trying different ideas I found a...
  13. lori19

Suggestion for databasejoin element

Hi all! Here are two suggestions for future development concerning the databasejoin and cascadingdropdown: - Sometimes I could use a DISTINCT option for the db query - just for a particular element - I could also use the "Button Group" option when I render a databasejon as a radio button list...
  14. lori19

trim() error in advanced dropdown

Hi there! I get the following error whit system debug on that seems to break my list view navigation: An error has occurred with a eval'd field - please inform the web-site owner. Debug: Eval exception : project::getPhpOptions() : $proptione = ""; $db...
  15. lori19

Date picker in advanced search

Hello! The date picker in advanced search is not showing. The element is of the type jdate, set to field in the Filteres options. No error message in the console; advanced search opens in a popup. Kindly L J! 4.3.1 F4Gamme3 Php 8.1 on Safari
  16. lori19

Menu: Fabrik List Options: Show in List

Hello! Here's one that seems to have crept in with J! 4.3 In the Fabrik List Option section of a menu item the Show in List pop-up shows only the first item in the selected list. The others show empty. You can change and reorder your selection, apply them, save the menu, and your changes will...
  17. lori19

Ajax calc in repeated group

Hi all ! I'm not sure if this is an issue or a suggestions for future development. I have this repeated group that does some simple calculation (sum) of some of its fields. Works fine for one instance of the group, but when I want to add one more, the calculations fail. The calc has...
  18. lori19

'Please select' in populated dropdown

Hi there! Maybe this is usefull for someone: My users often ignore to select an option from a dropdown that I populate via the advanced featrue. becuase the first option is already there. I could simply validate for this first option, but what if they actually selected it? And my options a re...
  19. lori19

SOLVED: Pagination and Display # misbehaviours

Hello! I have an erratic behaviour of the Display # and pagination feature below a table with 900+ rows: Display # When I switch from 10 to, say, 20, the screen reloads, but the table remains empty. And the pagination is not visible anymore. The browser shows the following URL...
  20. lori19

Some suggestions

Hi all! This is probably the wrong time and/or place but when testing F4 I came across a "Fabrik Wish List" that I started some time ago: a) Additional title field for lists -> This would follow the elements and forms logic. The header of the list would then be the title field, the label is...
We are in need of some funding.
More details.

Thank you.

Members online

No members online now.
Back