• Hello Fabrik Community

Fabrik is now in the hands of the development team that brought you Fabrik for Joomla 4. We have recently transitioned the Fabrik site over to a new server and are busy trying to clean it up. We have upgraded the site to Joomla 4 and are running the latest version of Fabrik 4. We have also upgraded the Xenforo forum software to the latest version. Many of the widgets you might have been used to on the forum are no longer operational, many abandoned by the developers. We hope to bring back some of the important ones as we have time.

Exciting times to be sure.

The Fabrik 4.0 Official release is now available. In addition, the Fabrik codebase is now available in a public repository. See the notices about these in the announcements section

We wish to shout out a very big Thank You to all of you who have made donations. They have really helped. But we can always use more...wink..wink..

Also a big Thank You to those of you who have been assisting others in the forum. This takes a very big burden off of us as we work on bugs, the website and the future of Fabrik.

Search results

1. winchester

[SOLVED] Image Slider changed after recent update

Hi. I'm using the File Upload element for uploading photos and the element used a image slider to view the uploaded images in list and detail. It seems that the js plugin used for that slider was changed and along with it the layout of the slider - the old one used left/right arrows to...
  2. winchester

List Filters

Ok. this might be a tricky one. I have radiobutton elements that has multiple options to "Yes" (see example below). On the list filter, though, rather than listing all the radiobutton options, I'd like a single check boxes which will filter ALL the "Yes". basically, I just want a single...
  3. winchester

Two forms, same database

Hi, I have created a survey with over a 120 questions for researchers, beach property owners and managers to use to populate a directory for public beaches in Jamaica. These researcher, owners/managers are all in a specially created Joomla group and can submit and edit the surveys and...
  4. winchester

File upload plugin placeholder

Hi. Is there away to select the first photo when using the placeholder - {my_database___my_table}? I have created a Googlemap Viz and for the pin pop-ups, I want to place the first photo from the fileupload plugin photos element to display in it. Any help will me appreciated and thanks in...
  5. winchester

One search field, multiple elements

Hi, I would like to know if it is possible to have only one field for searching the data of 2 to 3 different elements. Basically, I have 4 elements that I would like to have in the search. Beach name - textbox element - The name of the beach. Other names - textarea element - Other names that...
  6. winchester

[SOVLED] Concatenation

Hi, How to concatenate 2 elements to be displayed on list and details pages?
  7. winchester

[SOLVED] Search in module position

Hi, I would like to place a search field and a dropdown feild in a module position on the home page. I figure that since there are only 2 modules for Fabrik and none are for search/filtering, if it is possible, I will have to build it as a separate list/form and then use the from module. This...
  8. winchester

[SOLVED] Custom templates

Hi, Does anyone have a set of template files that were completely custom or know of where I can see actual examples of the file codes? On the custom template page in the wiki, there's no example of how to use the codes are laid out. Any help will be appreciated, thanks. Winchester
  9. winchester

Clear textarea if nothing changed

Hi, I have a textarea element which have some default text (example text layout) which the user can change to match theirs. If they don't change the text, I would like the form to submit an empty field. Normally I would use the placeholder (not to be confused with the PHP placeholder) feature...
  10. winchester

Thumbs Plugin

Hi, I have a thumb element on my form which allows it to be displayed on the list so that visitors can "like" the items. The problem though is that it does record it into the database table. Any idea what's causing this and how to fix it?
  11. winchester

Template layout

Hi, I'm trying to recreate this directory - with the filters and the map above with all the listed beaches pinned on it. Here's the link to the one I built before and want to replace with Frabrik https://www.bigupwibeachja.org/beaches I'm already completed the form and am now working on the...
  12. winchester

Attach a dropdown for units

Hi, I have a field to collect distance. Right now I have a second dropdown element with the units of measure. Is there a way to add a side dropdown to select the unit of measure or at least put them side by side? I tried putting them in a group, but the problem is that it comes up in a tab by...
  13. winchester

[SOLVED] Conditional fields

Hi, I'm not sure if this is what it's called, but it's simple to explain. I have a textarea element that I want to load hidden and then show then a specific answer is selected either in a radiobutton or checkbox element. I figured that this should be done on the JavaScript page. I added 3 JS...
  14. winchester

Set up Fabrik with existing DB Tables

Hi. I have a project working on in which I have only a week left to finish. It is a survey to collect information for public beaches in Jamaica and a directory that will allow visitors to search for them. I have already built it using DJ-Classifieds, but because the extension was designed...
  15. winchester

Google map not rendering

Hi. I'm having an issue with the Googlemap element. I am very new to Fabrik and I'm not a developer, so I just don't know where to look to begin to figure out this issue. The form I'm need it on is a multiple one. Please see setting in attached screenshot. I'm not sure if these could be...
  16. winchester

JSON in database

Hi. Is it possible to store the input from multiple field/elements in JSON format into the database like Joomla does? If it is possible, can you please tell me how to do it, please? Any help will be appreciated. Thanks in advance. Winchester
We are in need of some funding.
More details.

Thank you.

Members online

Back