• Hello Fabrik Community

Fabrik is now in the hands of the development team that brought you Fabrik for Joomla 4. We have recently transitioned the Fabrik site over to a new server and are busy trying to clean it up. We have upgraded the site to Joomla 4 and are running the latest version of Fabrik 4. We have also upgraded the Xenforo forum software to the latest version. Many of the widgets you might have been used to on the forum are no longer operational, many abandoned by the developers. We hope to bring back some of the important ones as we have time.

Exciting times to be sure.

The Fabrik 4.0 Official release is now available. In addition, the Fabrik codebase is now available in a public repository. See the notices about these in the announcements section

We wish to shout out a very big Thank You to all of you who have made donations. They have really helped. But we can always use more...wink..wink..

Also a big Thank You to those of you who have been assisting others in the forum. This takes a very big burden off of us as we work on bugs, the website and the future of Fabrik.

0 - Class 'FabrikWorker' not found

hjkok50

Hi,

I have a problem with Fabrik 3.8.
I found a thread in the professional forum from some days ago, where is looks like this issue has been resolved.
However, I still have this problem.

I just upgraded the test environment of my site from J3.7.5 to J3.8.1 and Fabrik from 3.7 to 3.8.
I also did it the other way around (Fabrik first and Joomla later).

In both cases I get the message '0 - Class 'FabrikWorker' not found'.
In both cases I used the built-in installer, no files from Github manually.

What am I doing wrong here?

thanks, Henk

I can't replicate and it seems you are the only one having this issue.
What do you mean with "built-in installer"?

Using the Joomla update?
Did you update ALL Fabrik plugins?

Or installing the Fabrik3.8 package?
The package only contains the Fabrik core. If you have additional plugins installed you must update via Joomla update.

Thanks for the fast response.

I use Joomla 3.7.5 and Fabrik 3.7 in my production environment.
I updated my test environment using 'Joomla update' for Fabrik 3.7 to 3.8 and Joomla 3.7.5 to 3.8.1.
I did NOT use Github.

I updated all Fabrik plugins, I did NOT install the Fabrik3.8 package

Henk

This error messages apears with all forms and all lists, no matter whether they are in an article or directly as a menu item.

Can you try installing the 3.8 package file from the downloads:

http://fabrikar.com/download/form/36/2942-fabrik-3-8

If that doesn't work, it's possible you may have some other extensions or plugin which is loading before Fabrik and causing some part of Fabrik to be loaded before our system plugin runs. Next step is to use something like phpMyAdmin, and look at your J! #__extensions table, find the row for name 'plg_system_fabrik', and set the 'ordering' to -1.

-- hugh

Hi Hugh,

I tried all of the above in 4 different ways, unfortunately without result.
I assumed you are referring to the row 'plg_fabrik_system', because the one you mentioned does not exist in my database.
I still get the error message.

This was all in my test environment, my live site is still on J!3.7.5 with Fabrik 3.7
In my live site I have a problem with a form that uses AJAX validation.
After upgrading to PHP7.0.19 the 'notempty' validation rule generates an error message saying 'Oups' and the form is not processed anymore.
I was hoping this would be resolved after upgrading to Fabrik 3.8.
Can I solve this issue when still using Fabrik 3.7?

What can I do from here?

tnx, Henk

I'm using a homebrew template, not a framework of any kind.
I noticed that I also have 'Beez', 'Atomic', 'protostar' and 'OfficePrime-TG' installed.
Should I remove those?

Henk

I looked at the validation_rule.php file, but it contains only 27 lines in my case.
So I cannot make the 'trim' change in line 99 as suggested in the link you sent me.
Should I do this in a different file?
please advise

Henk

Are you sure? This file?

components/com_fabrik/models/validation_rule.php

It should have well over 400 lines. If it doesn't, then something is very wrong.

The reason I ask about template is that one way that "FabrikWorker not found" error can happen is if something in a template does something in the "wrong" order. Can you try with Protostar?

-- hugh

Apologies, validation_rule.php does exist.
I looked at line 99 but it already contained the trim function and I still get the Oups on the notempty validation.

Also I tried Protostar and all other templates.
They all give me the error message 'FabrikWorker not found'.

Henk

Hi hugh,

It doesn't contain the 'view' line of code, nor the 'helper' line, only the 'controller' line.
When I add line 28 as in the link you sent me, the site goes down completely with the message 0 - Class 'Fabble\Helpers\Factory' not found.

Which of my two problems should this fix?

Henk

If it doesn't have that line, then the file didn't get updated, which means none of the library files got updated. Line 28 isn't the only change in that file, it was just the easiest way to find out if your library had been updated.

Can you check the same file, in ...

./components/com_fabrik/fabrik

That folder is where we copy the library from during install or update. A component can't install directly to the J! library folder, so any files that need to go there have to be copied during the 'postFlight' phase of installing. That copy of the file should look like the one in github,w ith the additional autoload lines.

I suggest you do a complete github update, see the wiki.

Meanwhile I'll try and figure out how the files could have not been copied, without you seeing a warning that files couldn't be copied.

-- hugh

I checked both folders on the include.php and they both do include line 28 the 'view' line.
I must have looked at the production site that is still on 3.7. Appologies for that.

Next step for me will be to do a complete github update.

-- Henk

If it still doesn't work after that, it's possible there is some other system plugin that is causing problems. I'd need to get an Akeeba copy of your site so I could step through the code in a debugger.

-- hugh

Hello Hugh,

It took me some time to figure out what is going on.
I de-installed a component called 'Regular Labs Library' which is new to my site and of a later date than the last Fabrik upgrade, hoping this would be the cause of my problem.

I restored my test environment, updated to Joomla 3.8.2 first and than did a complete Fabrik update from GitHub.
The result is still '0 Class FabrikWorker not found' on alle menu-items and articles referring to a Fabrik List of Fabrik Form.

I'd appreciate it very much if you could have a look at the code.
I have to install Akeeba first, because I'm not using it yet.
Do you need a copy of the situation after my latest Github update and/or before?
How do I send a copy to you?

Henk

Regular Labs Library is no system plugin.
And it should not do any harm, Regular Labs addons (like sourcerer, Articles anywhere...) are playing nicely with Fabrik.

Can you disable all system plugins (beside Fabrik) and see if this helps?

We are in need of some funding.
More details.

Thank you.

Members online

Back