0 - Class 'FabrikWorker' not found

Oke, I did the following:
1. I restored my test environment to the latest setting of my production environment (J!3.8.3, Fabrik 3.7 and PHP5.6.32)
2. I changed the PHP setting to version 7.0.24
3. I downloaded 'fabrik-master.zip' from Github and extracted it locally
4. I used FileZilla to copy the extracted files from my local HD to the test environment, folder by folder except for the 'Fabrik_build' folder.
5. I also copied the files that are not in a folder.
6. I opened 'Extensions'->'Manage' and filtered on "Fabrik", alle items showed 3.7 as expected.
7. I cleared cache and did 'discover', now the list shows 12 items with version 3.0.6 that I never used.

what am I doing wrong? please advise
thanks, Henk

I assume we crossed the posts.

http://fabrikar.com/forums/index.php?wiki/update-from-github/#post-github-update-steps
6. I opened 'Extensions'->'Manage' and filtered on "Fabrik", alle items showed 3.7 as expected.
7. select all Fabrik plugins and "Refresh cache" (multiple sites), then you should see version 3.8.1
8. 'Extensions'->'Discover': "Discover"

If you don't see Fabrik version 3.8.1 then something got wrong with your update.
Did you set Filezilla to override all files?

Yes I did.
I also tried to update from Github after having uninstalled Fabrik.
That didn't work either.

Did you do the steps 3 and 4 in the wiki diagram whereby you select all the Fabrik entries and click Refresh Cache?

You should never uninstall Fabrik, you will loose all your work.
And you can't "update" from GitHub if you don't have Fabrik installed (you can "discover" every thing including the component but I really don't know what will happen then).

The uninstall attempt was some days ago.
My list of activities is from after that situation, that is why I restored the test environment and did the GitHub update again.

I did steps 3 and 4 (see my list step 7).
I could do it all anew and see what happens, however I gave Hugh een link to a form that causes an 'OUPS' message (see the conversation above)
So I'd rather leave it the way it is untill this 'OUPS' problem is solved.
That still is one of the main reasons why I want to upgrade to Fabrik 3.8.1 and PHP7.0

The production environment is on J!3.8.5, Fabrik 3.7 and PHP5.6.31 that is all still working fine, so I'm not stressed in any way.
greetz, Henk

This is the adress of a page in my test environment.
On the bottom of the page there is a form with multiple elements that have AJAX validation.
I set error reporting to 'yes'
Henk

The error your validations are getting is "0 - syntax error, unexpected end of file", which almost always means one of two things:

1) There's a corrupt file somewhere, usually where an ftp transfer failed, and the file got truncated.

2) You've enabled 'eval' on something, but left the PHP box blank. Or possibly are including your own PHP file (anywhere you get to select one from a dropdown), which is truncated or empty.

Either way, it's not a systemic Fabrik issue, it's something borked in your system / settings.

-- hugh

Hi, hugh,

The 'Oups' problem is solved !!

It was not caused by option 1) you mentioned, because it also occurs in my production environment when I upgrade to PHP7.0 and no filles were transfered so no files could have become corrupted.
It was also not caused by option 2) because I don't use that type of validation.

I found an element in my form that included both 'notempty' and 'isemail' validations.
On the 'notempty' validation it showed both 'publish(green)' and 'unpublish(red)'
On the 'isemail' validation it showed neither and I couldn't change the publish status.

When I remove the 'notempty' validation and I set 'Must validate' to yes on the 'isemail' validation, all works fine under PHP7.0.24!!
The strange thing is that the 'Oups' message occured on all elements that had a 'notempty' validation, not just het element I mentioned.

This solves my major problem, thanks to all of you that supported me in this thread.

I now will do a final test with upgrading to PHP7.0.24 and Fabrik3.8.1.
I will use FileZilla for creating my test environment instead of the PLESK control environment of my provider.
Hopefully the 'FabrikWorker not found' issue will also be solved.

I'll keep you updated

tnx, Henk

Strange. The notempty validation is probably the most commonly used validation rule, in use on about 99% of Fabrik sites, and I haven't seen any other reports of issues with it.

-- hugh

Hello,
I encountered the same problems as you Hjkok50 to update version 3.6 of Fabrik to version 3.8.1 but I finally succeeded by doing the following:
1 - update of all components (except Fabrik) and Joomla
2 - application of Fabrik updates... by small batch : first the component, then folder by folder in the order in which they present themselves
I think the problem was only the performance of the server ... and it makes me grrrr !
Hope this will help you! Good luck.
(By the way, a message for administrators: remember to update your captcha to version 2 :) so we can still create account after the v1 enf of life)

I'm sorry, my English is very bad, I'm sure I did not speak well : I registered on the forum yesterday to post this message and saw that the captcha used for the inscription is still in v1.
No worries about my Fabrik installation that works perfectly, thank you ;)

We are in need of some funding.
More details.

Thank you.

Members online

Back