• Hello Fabrik Community

Fabrik is now in the hands of the development team that brought you Fabrik for Joomla 4. We have recently transitioned the Fabrik site over to a new server and are busy trying to clean it up. We have upgraded the site to Joomla 4 and are running the latest version of Fabrik 4. We have also upgraded the Xenforo forum software to the latest version. Many of the widgets you might have been used to on the forum are no longer operational, many abandoned by the developers. We hope to bring back some of the important ones as we have time.

Exciting times to be sure.

The Fabrik 4.0 Official release is now available. In addition, the Fabrik codebase is now available in a public repository. See the notices about these in the announcements section

We wish to shout out a very big Thank You to all of you who have made donations. They have really helped. But we can always use more...wink..wink..

Also a big Thank You to those of you who have been assisting others in the forum. This takes a very big burden off of us as we work on bugs, the website and the future of Fabrik.

0 - Class 'FabrikWorker' not found

Dear hugh, troester and sophist,

After waiting some months for my provider to make PHP 7.2 available, I re-adressed my problem.
My current production settings are:
PHP 5.6.35
Joomla! 3.8.10
Fabrik 3.7

I copied my production site to a new development environment with Akeeba.
Here I repeated some of the above mentioned testing, without any result.

In summary I have 2 problems:
1. when I upgrade PHP to 7.2.7 the above mentioned 'Oups' returns on all form fields that have a 'notempty' validation. There must be an issue with Fabrik 3.7 and PHP 7.2.7
2. when I use PHP 7.2.7 and I upgrade Fabrik to 3.8.1 I again have the 'o - class 'FabrikWorker' not found' problem.

I'm pretty much out of options on finding a solution, please advise.
I don't know how much time I've left to resolve this, but it has to be resolved before I'm forced to use PHP7 by Joomla.

regards, Henk

I don't think Fabrik3.7 is php7.2 ready, additionally you need Fabrik3.8 on Joomla3.8.
Try a new GitHub update and make sure you are doing all GitHub update steps, especially http://fabrikar.com/forums/index.php?wiki/update-from-github/#post-github-update-steps (on ALL your Fabrik plugins, set the list to display ALL (step2))

All your Fabrik plugins must show version 3.8.1 afterwards (beside Fabrik package and some exotic ones like module tag), otherwise the update was wrong.
Make sure your folders and files are writable.

Last edited:
Hello Troester,

I did a GitHub update in my development environment as explained in your linked page.
However,
After step 4 of het post GigHub update the fabrik extensions still say 3.7 instead of 3.8.1.
When I do the 'Discover', 'Find Updates' and 'Clear Cache' it does say 'There are no updates available ...' so something must have gone right.

More importantly,
a. the 'FabrikWorker not found' problem is solved! I can now use PHP7.2.7 with Joomla!3.8.10 and Fabrik 3.8.1
b. but the 'Oups' problem on all forms that have fields with a 'notempty' validation still exists.

This means I still cannot do the update in my production environment.
Is there an other thread where this 'Oups' problem is resolved?

Henk

I can't replicate that "Oups" error with notempty. That's a "really shouldn't happen" error, which is telling us that the AJAX validation return "null" ... which almost certainly means the server side code errored out.

Do you get that only on element with the notempty, or when any element is validated?

-- hugh

Hi Hugh,

I must make my apologies for not testing propperly !!!
I looked at other forms with a 'notempty' validation and they had no problem at all with php7.2.7 and fabrik 3.8.1.
I found that the 'Oups' problem only occurs in all forms that consist of multiple groups.
When I moved all fields of all sub-groups to the toplevel form, the problem didn't occur anymore.
So I could work around the problem by not using multiple groups in a form, but that would be bad for the legibility of the forms and it doesn't really solve the problem.
please advise

regards, Henk

Multiple groups:
Are you using the pagebreak feature?
Or bootrap_tabs template?
Or a custom form template?

I am not using the pagebreak feature.
I am not using a custum form template.
I am using bootstrap_tabs as template.
And the form uses the email plugin.

I don't get any "Oups" but on "verstuur" it's erroring out with 500 Internal Server Error with "syntax error, unexpected end of file" in the network response.
So there's something wrong with your installation:
a corrupted file or some custom php file or code with syntax error etc.

Do you have validations or form plugins with e.g. php code in condition, or a php form plugin...?

Edit:
With protostar template network response is showing
Error: Call to undefined method Joomla\CMS\Document\RawDocument::addHeadLink(): syntax error, unexpected end of file

Really no idea what is going on on your site.

Last edited:
YES,
I have an email plugin in the form that has the following code:

Email to: {f_aanvraag_kerkelijk_huwelijk___kopie_naar},secretariaat@3eenheidparochie.nl
Email to(eval):
$mydb = JFactory::getDbo();
$kerk = '{f_aanvraag_kerkelijk_huwelijk___kerk_id_huwelijk_raw}';
$query = $mydb->getQuery(true);
$query->select('emailadres_beheerder');
$query->from('ruimte');
$query->where('id = '.$mydb->quote($kerk));
$mydb->setQuery($query);
$result = $mydb->loadResult();
return $result;

'f_aanvraag_kerkelijk_huwelijk' is the name of the form.
'f_aanvraag_kerkelijk_huwelijk___kerk_id_huwelijk_raw' is a dbjoin field in the form that is populated by a dropdownlist.
'ruimte' is a table in the database that contains the field 'emailadres_beheerder', this adress needs to be concatinated to the 'Email to' string.

I checked this syntax with a PHP7.1 syntax checker and it didn't give any warning or error.

I don't see how this could relate to the "Oups" on the 'notempty' validation of several fields in the form.

As I said:
The network response is always returning "syntax error, unexpected end of file " (no matter if on submit or on ajax validation), so any ajax validation won't do because it's expecting a JSON response which is broken by this error.

I don't know.
If the corrupted file is a Fabrik file you may try a new GitHub update (with a new downloaded repo, not the one you already used).
After the "Post-Github-Steps" all Fabrik plugins must show version3.8.1 (beside the exotic ones I alread mentioned)

Oké, thanks for the support.
I'll give it another try with the GitHub update.
If that doesn't fix it, I'll opt for the 'work around' I mentioned before.

tnx, Henk

I'm afraid I'm not done yet, sorry for the inconvenience.

I did the Github update in my development environment (ontw.3eenheidparochie.nl) and it did not do any good, so I opted for the workaround (= not using multiple groups in a Form).
This worked fine (meaning no"oups"messages anymore!) in Joomla 3.8.10, PHP 7.2.7 and Fabrik 3.7 updated from GitHub, though the extension manager still said 3.7.

Next
1. I built and tested the workaround in my production environment and it works fine.
2. I took a new Akeeba update from my production environment (PHP5.6.38, J!3.8.10, Fabrik 3.7) and installed in my development environment
3. I set PHP version to 7.2.7, Updated Joomla to 3.9.0, Updated Fabrik to 3.8.1 and this gave me the "FabrikWorker not found" problem again
4. next I updated my development environment from the latest GitHub including the "Post-Github-Steps" and everything looks oke, however
5. I now have the "FabrikWorker not found" problem again with the latest Github update.

In summary:
- the workaround solves my "Oups" problem on form fields that have a 'notempty' validation and consists of multiple groups.
- I cannot update to Fabrik 3.8.1 because it gives me the "FabrikWorker not found" message and breaks my application completely

Please advise
Can I stay on Fabrik 3.7 and still use PHP7.2 with the latest Joomla! ?
Or will this eventually cause problems with my application?

Henk

No, I don't think 3.7 is workable with PHP 7.2, iirc there's some 7.2 specific fixes I had to add in 3.8.

Really, we just need to figure out why you are getting that FabrikWorker not found error.

Can I get an Akeeba backup of your site, in the state where it gives that with the latest GitHub?

-- hugh

Thanks for this reply !!!
How can I give you an Akeeba backup?
This backup is 3.5 Gb and consists of 170+ files of 20Mb.

Henk

This backup is 3.5 Gb and consists of 170+ files of 20Mb.
You can create an Akeeba profile and exclude huge files/folders which aren't related to functionality (e.g. subfolders of /images etc)

We are in need of some funding.
More details.

Thank you.

Members online

Back