• Hello Fabrik Community

Fabrik is now in the hands of the development team that brought you Fabrik for Joomla 4. We have recently transitioned the Fabrik site over to a new server and are busy trying to clean it up. We have upgraded the site to Joomla 4 and are running the latest version of Fabrik 4. We have also upgraded the Xenforo forum software to the latest version. Many of the widgets you might have been used to on the forum are no longer operational, many abandoned by the developers. We hope to bring back some of the important ones as we have time.

Exciting times to be sure.

The Fabrik 4.0 Official release is now available. In addition, the Fabrik codebase is now available in a public repository. See the notices about these in the announcements section

We wish to shout out a very big Thank You to all of you who have made donations. They have really helped. But we can always use more...wink..wink..

Also a big Thank You to those of you who have been assisting others in the forum. This takes a very big burden off of us as we work on bugs, the website and the future of Fabrik.

3.8.10 cache issues

Bren

Hello all.
I felt comfortable with my tests in my clone site with updating to Joomla 3.8.10 & the latest Fabrik from github. So, I went ahead and updated my real site. Today my users are experiencing some caching issues. The list filter & search doesn’t work until I jump between several pages for a bit. I have Joomla conservative caching on. Any suggestions? I noticed Joomla 3.8.11 is available. Does that work better?
Thanks in advance.

Last edited:
So, I followed the recommendations in the banner of the forum and still no luck. So, I decided to go ahead and try upgrading to Joomla 3.8.11. Unfortunately, I’m still having the same results. My users rely on the search all filter daily; which right now makes things worse. So, I hid the search filter and added a chrome find / search extension for now. Not great; but works. If there are any other suggestions to resolve this issue it will be greatly appreciated.
Thanks in advance.

Our users are begging for the site to return to what it was with the search & filters working. So, at this point, the only way I see this happening soon is by somehow rolling back to a working previous Joomla & Fabrik version. I have a daily backup automatically running using Akeeba Pro and cloned the site many times to test things; but if I was to clone a working backup from a couple days ago then I would lose all of the user data changes & additions over the past couple days. I’ve never tried to load current MySQL data into a cloned akeeba backup. Especially, one that’s got a major Joomla & Fabrik update in between (Joomla v3.5 to v3.8.10). Has anyone done this before?
Thanks in advance.

Is the problem also with Joomla caching turned off?

Gesendet von meinem SM-G930F mit Tapatalk

Hi Troester.
I’ve tried it on & off. I’ve also tried the Fabrik advanced list cache disable on & off. I’ve tried the Fabrik global options cache disable on & off. No matter the combination I still have the same results. If there is anything I could try then please share.
Or, if rolling back is possible (or if I just export a CVS or PDF of the past 2 days and reinput the past to days in a restored backup) what’s the latest recommended Joomla version # that works well with the latest Fabrik?
Do I use the Joomla extension manger to update Fabrik or Git hub if not using Joomla 3.8.10?
Thanks in advance.

I tried some more adjustments and had a bit of success. I left conservative system file cache on with a 1 minute cache interval. Then I went to the system page cache plugin and added a page exclusion to the plugin of the most used page (where the search filters are most important) and the search filters worked again (kind of). When it would get stuck I would refresh the page and it would typically start working again. Strangely, if I disable the system page cache plugin completely the the filters completely stop working again. So, I left it enabled with the page exclusions. Then I thought maybe the pro features of the Regular Labs - cache extension may help (one of these features is an automatic cache cleaner on an adjustable timer down to the seconds). So, I upgraded the extension to pro and set the timer to 30 seconds. Now the search filters work most of the time. When it doesn’t then a page refresh fixes it.
I’m sharing this info with hopes that it helps you folks work towards a reliable solution for Fabrik in the near future for Joomla 3.8.11.
If anyone has any more suggestions then please share. Thanks guys.

Hmmm, this really doesn't sound like a Fabrik caching issue, or at least the one that 3.8.10 caused us. The caching issues I was working round wouldn't have affected filtering.

-- hugh

Hi Hugh.
Well, if its not caching then I don't know what is causing the Fabrik search and filter buttons from working without the auto-cache . I just updated mySites with a copy of the site. I disabled the auto Cache Cleaning (attached is a pic of the setting before I disabled it in the "System - Regular Labs - Cache Cleaner" plugin. If you would like to dive in to take a look that would be great. I've noticed some other strange issues since the update (like the calendar element not popping up its calendar on iPads in the safari app; but works on an iPhone from the safari app).
Thanks in advance.

I wouldn't be able to do anything useful looking at it remotely. I'd have to either install an Akeeba clone of your site locally, or exactly duplicate your setup here.

-- hugh

Hi Hugh.
Sure. I just updated mySite with a link to download a fresh copy of an Akeeba backup of the site.
Thanks in advance.

I should have been clearer ... that's not "Community" support, it would have to be billable work. It's at least an hour's work to install an Akeeba and set up a PHP Storm project on it, then get started on debugging. Not something I can do for site specific issues like this. If it was something affecting lots of people, and I needed an example site to work on, that'd be OK. But for one-off issues like this, I can't justify the time for free.

-- hugh

I understand. I honestly thought I was helping with an issue effecting all of us Fabrik users. Did I miss something? Has the caching issue that used to be displayed at the top of the forum banner been resolved with a new Fabrik Github update? Or, with Joomla 3.8.12 update? If so; please share.
Thanks in advance.

The one referenced in the banner was resolved within about 24 hours of posting that banner. Like I said in an earlier post on this thread, the issue / changes wouldn't have affected filtering, and I don't see anybody else reporting issues similar to yours.

-- hugh

Ok, Hugh. Strange. Sounds like I should at least try another Fabrik update. Is fix, you mentioned, only with a GitHub update (understanding that it may or may not help my filter issues)?
Thanks in advance.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Correct, the fix is only in github, we'll be putting out a new release when we get some breathing room after we finish the site migration.

-- hugh

We are in need of some funding.
More details.

Thank you.

Members online

No members online now.
Back