500 internal server error

jo-ka

Using J! 3.8.5 and Fabrik 3.8

I'm having an 500 internal server error on a list which was working before. I don't know what happened, but now, every time I try to load the list, it takes a lot of time trying to load, and fail with the 500 internal server error.

After some investigation I found that I have a CCD element which if I disable it, the list is loaded properly.

The list have more or less 650 records.

I didn't upgraded neither J! or Fabrik from Github, because this was working previously and I'm not sure that an upgrade will solve the problem.

What can possibly be wrong?

Thanks in advance.

Hi jo-ka,
it would be helpful, to get some information's about the CCD.
Cheers,
Bianka

Did you enable J! error reporting?
Is the CDD set as filter? (I don't think that list display is doing something special with CDD, it's like a dbjoin here).
Do you have a calc referring the CDD?
Did your host update e.g. the php version?
Do you get errors in details or form view?

Is the error gone if you disable the CDD or already if you remove it from list view?

Problems with CDD's taking a long time to load are almost always not using a unique key as the 'value'.

Is the 'value' of your CDD the PK (primary key) of the table you are joining to?

-- hugh

Well, about all the questions posted by troester, all I have to say is that CDD is not set as filter, there are o calcs and I have no errors on the form view, just on the list.

If I directly create a new record using the link to http://xxxxxx/index.php/xxxxxx/form/20/ it works OK.
If i directly edit the record usink the link to http://xxxxxx/index.php/xxxxxx/form/20/xxx/ it also works OK.

So the problem is only on the list. If I disable the element, the list loads OK.

About cheesegrits question.

No, the CDD value is not the PK of the table I'm joining to. This was working very well previously, I cant' tell you until when, but it was working.

This looks like some kind of timeout. I've put the site to work on another server and, although it takes a long time to load the list also, it will end up loading the list.

What can I do?

Thanks in advance.

Also, on this "recover" server, I've deleted a lot of records from the table and the list loads faster...

make sure you have an index set on the column you are using in the CDD

Gesendet von meinem SM-G930F mit Tapatalk

Dear troester, you mean create na index directly on the database, right? Or is there a way to set the índex directly on the element?

Thanks in advance.

in the database it's the identical column

Gesendet von meinem SM-G930F mit Tapatalk

Right, but on the database, on wich table? The list I want to show or the list where the CDD is joined to?
I understand that the índex must be on the same column as the element name, but on which list?

Sorry If I can't explain correctly.

BR

OK, so I've checked both tables on the database and it looks like Fabrik already created the Indexes with the joins:

Origin table
View attachment 17448

Destination table
View attachment 17449

So, my Referee element on the destination table is a CDD to my referee origin table, where I get the referee number. I can't get the origin table record id, I need the referee id.

Any clue?

The question is, this works OK on the forms, but not on the lists... Can I have some wrong list setting, or so?

Thanks in advance.

It really seems to be a questions of quantity if it's working if you are reducing the records.

But 650 records are not so much.
Do you have list joins, repeatable groups?

If you have a working setup you can turn on Joomla debug. Maybe the 'Profile Information' will give a clue.

Did you try to disable "Add DISTINCT" in List "Advanced" settings?

Last edited:
Dear troester,

Yes I do have list join, in this case to J! #_users table.
No repeatable groups...

I've disabled "Add DISTINCT" and finally the list has loaded. It took some time, but it loaded.
But I think this is just a band aid...

Would it be possible that you troester or hugh to take a quik look to my admin area?

Thanks in advance.

"Login denied! Your account has either been blocked or you have not activated it yet."

Using the credentials you gave us.

-- hugh

We are in need of some funding.
More details.

Thank you.

Members online

No members online now.
Back