Access denied

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thank you, yes it did. I now have one more small issue. I am busy importing some lists using the csv import. When I import, it takes a few minutes and then I get a blank screen, and only some of the information is imported. I did select the "big list" option, although the lists I am importing are not that big. Any ideas on that?

mmmm not really - can you try activating fabrik debug (in options again) and also Joomla error reporting to see what error is identified when you try to import a list?

I use a third party piece of software to do all my importing as I find it a lot simpler and straight forward

Here is the error message:

Fatal error: Maximum execution time of 60 seconds exceeded in /var/www/htdocs.site/libraries/joomla/database/table.php on line 234

Hi Jeanl

That means that the script is timing out because your host has limited the script execution to 60 seconds so it halts and the csv is not imported properly

There are a couple of options open to you

1. Adapting the /.htaccess file of your Joomla installation
php_value max_execution_time 60

2. Adapting the php.ini file by adding
max_execution_time = 60;

You may have to create a php.ini file if there is not one in your root directory and this will only work if your host allows the overides

If you ahve any trouble let me know and I will provide the file for you (If the forum allows me to upload ini files - it may not?)

Hi Mark

As you possibly gathered, I am no expert at this, so your help is really appreciated.

1. I have no .htacces file. Instead there is an htaccess.txt file;
2. I dont see any file called php.ini

Jean

No problem :)

Hopefully I have uploaded a zip file which contains a php.ini file - upload that to your root directory and see if that helps

Attachments

• php.zip
    270 bytes · Views: 266
Mark

Thank you. I pasted the php.ini file into root. Still getting a blank screen when importing a csv. I tried a csv with only a few lines and the same happens.

Hi

My site is on a little test server here in my office. What info do you need other than super user info? Do you require ftp access?

Thanks again. Also, only if you have time.

No problem I have some time, if you could set up an ftp account for me so I can see why its not working that would be good :)

Do you have skype?

Mark

This error was found:

Segmentation fault (11)
zend_mm_heap corrupted

Issue was addressed but I will need to redo this table and try and import the csv now.

Hi, yes, I have skype: jeanlennox
I have set upi up as a super admin, and can skype you some info... ?

Thank you, issue resolved.

Before I close this thread, I need to say a special thank you to Mark. Before today, I have never met Mark, but he replied to this thread with a suggested remedy. After a few exchanges, Mark got completely involved with my issue and after I gave him access to my site, he went further, by suggesting many improvements and even offered to make these improvements himself. At a guess, I would say that he spent so far about 7 hours of his own time helping me with something that I have been trying to do for months, and this is completely unusual for anyone to do. I asked him why he is doing this and his reply was that this is his way at giving back to the Fabrik community, and I think on behalf of everyone who posts questions on this forum, I would like to thank Mark, and guys like Mark, including Rob and Hugh, for all the effort they put into helping guys like me, make the most of their Joomla sites. I also realised today with Mark's help that in most cases, the issues posted by inexperienced guys like me, sometimes reaches beyond the scope of Fabrik issues, and yet, they get resolved by guys as committed and dedicated as Mark. Thank you Mark, and Rob and Hugh for your excellent support, for sharing your expertise and for helping guys like me. It is sincerely appreciated.

Jean

P.S.: I need to mention another person who is as committed and always willing to help out. Thank you Troester.

Status
Not open for further replies.
We are in need of some funding.
More details.

Thank you.

Members online

Back