Add elements to multi-lingual form

bobede

Not sure how to go about this or if it's possible. I originally created an English list and form on my site. I copied the list and changed the language to French and then proceeded to make changes to the labels for all of the forms elements. That worked out perfectly. It's a year later and I need to make changes to some of the elements on the original English version as well as the French which is not a problem. The problem is that I need to add a few extra questions in my form in both languages. If I add the new elements in the English side, that works fine, but how do I copy those elements to the existing French version of the form? If I try to check the elements and then copy them to the appropriate group on the French form it gives me an error stating that the elements already exist. I assume this is because both forms use the same database table. If I try to recreate the elements inside the French group using the same element name it also gives me the error.

Anyone ever come across this issue? If so, did you figure out a work around? I would rather not delete the French version and recreate the entire thing as there are ALOT of questions in the form and they don't all require changes.

Thanks!

Actually... It appears as though the added elements were created on the French form as well, but for some reason they were created inside the wrong group of elements so they didn't show up in my filtered list of elements. Once I unlinked them and put them in the correct group, all was well.

We are in need of some funding.
More details.

Thank you.

Members online

No members online now.
Back