Add record (access list) or field

Status
Not open for further replies.

acayer

Hi,

I just check the list access to see if I can custom setup the view access to ADD RECORD.
Right now it is set to register. However, I would need it to be NOT PUBLIC and NOT GROUP EDITOR.
The EDITOR are only assigned files which they can see through an ASSIGN field and a prefilter with a group value. However, it doesn't make sense for them to ADD RECORD. My understanding is that could make it work with a OR USE FIELD like for edit or delete... am I right ?

A PHP script too could work. Just trying to see how I can custom more what I can do.

Thanks

There can't be a "OR USE FIELD" on adding a record - the record does not exist, so there's no field to compare with the userid.
Use (or create) the appropriate Joomla access level, e.g. create a level "admin", NOT assigned to the editor group but only to admins.

There can't be a "OR USE FIELD" on adding a record - the record does not exist, so there's no field to compare with the userid.
Use (or create) the appropriate Joomla access level, e.g. create a level "admin", NOT assigned to the editor group but only to admins.

Considering I also have register, this won't work. I have REGISTER, SPECIAL and ADMIN right now. If i need to take out the middle one, right now, there is no solution....

It's a matter of setting up your Joomla users, groups, access levels (you can add whatever you want).
I don't know what you need but you can create very fine grained access rules.

Troester,

I know that at some point it can be doable but I need a fix and a solution.
Since we want to make Fabrik evolve in possibility and in feantures, maybe that's something doable now whatsoever.
Even with an ACL solution like creating a group both with SPECIAL and ADMIN rules and then split rules for the ADD button would still need one some custom fix in J! and also in Fabrik as to take account of that new rule whatsoever.

Therefore, is model view, and then rules, of the access param can we rewrite without too much time AND harm as to get something that would be closer or similar to the window we have for instance in the pre filter.... ???

Anyway whatever fix would be good whatsoever but a more permanent solution as mentioned would also be cool.

I agree with troester. You need to set up a new Joomla User Access Level (lets call it Fabrik_Add) for the group of people who you want to give Add Record capability, and then set the ACL for Add Record to this User Access Level instead of Special.

I don't think that any fixes or changes to Fabrik should be needed to achieve this.

I agree with the other two responses. This is what J! access levels are for.

I understand that it is sometimes difficult to set up your access controls exactly how you need them, as the structure that J! defaults to may not exactly suit your needs. But that just means carefully redesigning your J! access controls.

-- hugh

Status
Not open for further replies.
We are in need of some funding.
More details.

Thank you.

Members online

No members online now.
Back