Add URL Issue

Discussion in 'Standard Support' started by deepakdhingra, May 10, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. deepakdhingra Member

Level: Community
    Hi,

In the table edit, there is the option ( I think ) of being able to add a custom URL to Add A New Record and Add Label.

Originally, this shows up as a green + sign within a circle with the word "Add" written next to it above the table. I assume that this function is to change this "Add" and the plus sign and the URL.

Now try as I might to change the words from Add to "Create New" or anything else, it doesn't work (meaning no change) and if I put in a custom URL - something like, index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=41&Itemid=160, the page throws up an error - Illegal variable _files or _env or _get or _post or _cookie or _server or _session or globals passed to script.

Am I not getting this correct? Is this function not what this is supposed to do?

And what if I do not want the Add button in table view. Then what should I do?

Do help.

Thanks.

Deepak
  2. cheesegrits Support Gopher

I've fixed the custom label thing, so the popup tip (and the img alt text) now uses it.

For the URL, try prepending a /, like /index.php?... or whatever the root path for your J! is, like /joomla/index.php?...

Works fine for me using /joomla17/index.php (my root path) to point to a com_content article.

-- hugh
  3. deepakdhingra Member

Thanks Hugh. This works now. Closing thread. Deepak
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.