• Hello Fabrik Community

Fabrik is now in the hands of the development team that brought you Fabrik for Joomla 4. We have recently transitioned the Fabrik site over to a new server and are busy trying to clean it up. We have upgraded the site to Joomla 4 and are running the latest version of Fabrik 4. We have also upgraded the Xenforo forum software to the latest version. Many of the widgets you might have been used to on the forum are no longer operational, many abandoned by the developers. We hope to bring back some of the important ones as we have time.

Exciting times to be sure.

The Fabrik 4.0 Official release is now available. In addition, the Fabrik codebase is now available in a public repository. See the notices about these in the announcements section

We wish to shout out a very big Thank You to all of you who have made donations. They have really helped. But we can always use more...wink..wink..

Also a big Thank You to those of you who have been assisting others in the forum. This takes a very big burden off of us as we work on bugs, the website and the future of Fabrik.

add users list to a table

alfredopacino

Hi, I have a db table "TEAM" with columns just id, name.
I would to add another column "members", it should be an array of registered users (so a dropdown with multiple choice)
But when I try to create a new dropdown Element I always get an alert "Please check all the sub-elements" (in italian so those aren't the exact words)
I don't know what's I'm missing..help me! :(

Hi,
you can use:

1. plugin element databasejoin with this settings:
Render as -> Multi select dropdown
Connection ->site database
Table -> your_joomla_table_users
Value -> id [Recommended]
Label -> name

2. plugin element user with option
User Data -> Name

very thanks!

2. Can I set multiple choice using plugin element User?

The final task is precisely: To make a member list of each team, but not all the member are registered user. See the screenshot.
https://www.diigo.com/item/image/51ynl/pnb7
I noticed for this I can use dropdown Element, but not all the teams have not registered member, am I allowed to use an empty dropdown element ? It seems not..

With a databasejoin element using data from #__users as a multi-select dropdown (or checkboxes) - If you have already assigned these users to a particular Joomla user group - add this LEFT JOIN code (with '26' replaced with the user group id) in the 'Additional join statements' textarea inside the 'Data - where' tab of the datbasejoin element configuration. This will filter the users list to include only users in that particular user group...

LEFT JOIN #__user_usergroup_map ON (user_id=#__user_usergroup_map.user_id) WHERE #__user_usergroup_map.group_id=26

There is a notice in that 'Additional join statements' tooltip saying this will be removed in the next version of fabrik - BUT LET'S ALL HOPE THAT NEVER HAPPENS and plead with the powers-that-be to leave this feature intact.

I don't need to add a whole user group but select some users, so I guess I don't need additional filters. It looks like it works as I want in local (I set database join the element exactly like startpoint said) but now,
as you can see in the other thread, I get an SQL syntax error in remote

We are in need of some funding.
More details.

Thank you.

Members online

Back