Advanced search

s6930064

I update to latest fabrik3 (Fabrik-fabrik-3.0b-440-g620e793.zip / joomla 1.7.3 / chrome)
and ?Advanced search? is not working any more in frontend list views.

It returns all data after i press submit.

I update to latest fabrik3 (Fabrik-fabrik-3.0b-440-g620e793.zip / joomla 1.7.3 / chrome)
and ?Advanced search? is not working any more in frontend list views.

Which level were you on before?

I also have to say that when using the regural search and the results of the searching is more that one page, when trying to go to the second page, it returns all the records and not the second page of the results.

The problem were issued again a few weeks again. Rob started an ticket for that and the issue was fixed. After an update the whole thing broke down again.

Please raise the fix again, it is crucial for me...

To make advance search work, I had to change the code in
?components\com_fabrik\models\list.php? line 6869

from
if (JRequest::getVar('task') == 'list.filter' || JRequest::getVar('task') == 'filter') {

to
if (JRequest::getVar('task') == 'list.filter') {

Submit your code changes in GITHUB. otherwise every time we update from GITHUB, the changes made will be overwritten.

To make advance search work, I had to change the code in
?components\com_fabrik\models\list.php? line 6869

from
if (JRequest::getVar('task') == 'list.filter' || JRequest::getVar('task') == 'filter') {

to
if (JRequest::getVar('task') == 'list.filter') {

U mean line 6889, cause my list.php had there the specific row...

Did u update Github with this?

In order to update we have to fork the code and do all the procedure that is mentioned on the Github or something else?

Also,does this fix the issue with the second page of the results, that is not coming up, instead we get all the records again?

Some new notifications after doing this solution...
1. When searching with advanced search, and using 2 or more criterias, the latest one is being transfer to the search all filed,BUT the searching is the right one. BUT after that, when pressing the clear filters button, it clears ONLY the latest filter and no ALL the filters!And there is no other way to see all the records again but closing and reopening the specific webpage!

So we have to check it all over again...

the advanced search issue has been partially resolved, theres still an outstanding one with autocomplete filters not working correctly

Also,does this fix the issue with the second page of the results, that is not coming up, instead we get all the records again?
I can't replicate this - I don't think they are related

Sorry, but it doesn't work on my site, still no advanced filtering at all (GitHub 2012-01-25 14:41:34)

Just updated from Github, Advanced Search still does not work.
Rob, do u mean we have to manually erase the line that s6930064 refers on the above post, or updating from Github should do?

Also, about the pagenation, IF U USE IT ON A FRESH SESSION IT WORKS,but ONLY FOR THE FIRST SEARCHING!If u do a second search then the filters are.."involved" and the results u get on the second page of your second search, are the results of the second page of your previous results!

hmm sorry abou that the commit didnt get publshed to github can you try again?

Also, about the pagenation, IF U USE IT ON A FRESH SESSION IT WORKS,but ONLY FOR THE FIRST SEARCHING!If u do a second search then the filters are.."involved" and the results u get on the second page of your second search, are the results of the second page of your previous results!
Can you make a video of what you are doing?

-Rob

hmm sorry abou that the commit didnt get publshed to github can you try again?

Can you make a video of what you are doing?

-Rob

Advanced Search seems to work now but there are problems concerning the filters cleaning, so when trying to make multiple advanced searches, it keeps filters from the last searches and it does not work correctly...

As for the other matter, here is the video

http://youtu.be/NSSZKXo9J_Y

We are in need of some funding.
More details.

Thank you.

Members online

No members online now.
Back