After Update to Joomla 3.8.2 and Fabrik 3.8

teoyh

I had successfully updated to Joomla 3.8.2 and also Fabrik 3.8.

So far tested everything seem ok

I had updated the Fabrik by downloading from github but not sure why in the joomla admin it still keep prompting that there is update for Fabrik plugin,component etc for 3.8

So i am puzzle did i really upgrade fabrik to 3.8 ?

Can advise me on this matter.

I reinstall the new version through Joomla , clear cache when i refresh it still prompt

20 Extension Update(s) are available:

:(

After a GitHub update you should not re-install the package: GitHub is newer code, you are mixing.
Do a GitHub update again including ALL!! post-GitHub steps ("Refresh" in Manage, "Discover" in Discover)

But must applaud the team awesome work despite my stupidity nothing break I will try and do that again. After discover am i supposed to install what had been discover pardon me asking if it sound stupid

No. Under "Discover" you'll see uninstalled additional plugin (coming from the GitHub code).
If you don't need them don't install them.
This is nothing special Fabrik but just Joomla.

Thank you it really make a difference after i follow your instruction to put things right.
So the correct thing to do is install the new version through Joomla and then update again through GitHub. When i did not do this i get strange behavior in javascript it is picking up additional set of element name with a prefix '_orig' for attachment element.
Also for those who update joomla to 3.8.2 without updating Fabrik you will noticed that when you update your plugin some will be lost.

Thank you , i will do further test before moving the development to production.

Just a side note , i am not complaining though do you find the forum getting a bit slow or its like it does not load as fast as before ?

We are in need of some funding.
More details.

Thank you.

Members online

Back