After upgrading can't access front or backend

englishpool

Running Joomla 3.6.0 and upgraded to Fabrik 3.5 but during upgrade I got the erorr message PLG_FABRIK_SYSTEM_AUTOLOAD_MISSING.

Any advice as to what has happened, tried clearing cache, changing browsers etc but both front and back end are effectively locked out.

Paul Evans

Hmm, that means the post-install PHP didn't run, and our library folder didn't get copied into the J! libraries. Two solutions:

1) Ftp to your server. Find the ./components/com_fabrik/fabrik folder, and copy it to ./libraries (so there is then a ./libraries/fabrik folder, which contains include.php and a fabrik/controllers folder).

... or ...

2) Do a full github update. Download ...

https://github.com/Fabrik/fabrik/archive/master.zip

... extract it, and ftp everything up to your server. Takes a while.

-- hugh

Thank you Hugh,

Couldn't find the components/com=fabrik/fabrick folder so went the github way, as you say takes some time but everything's back to normal.

Thanks once again for your quick solution.

Paul Evans

To my I spend the same, and download the master ftp and uploaded it to what works extreje but still nome says,
Fatal error: Class 'Joomla\String\StringHelper' not found in /home/enconstr/public_html/bodavisor/libraries/fabrik/include.php on line 180.

What else can I do? :(:(:(

joomla 3.4.8 and upgraded to Fabrik 3.5 primero el error fue PLG_FABRIK_SYSTEM_AUTOLOAD_MISSING. DOWNLOAD master.zip and then unzipped the server

??
If you know what you are doing you can edit directly your database and disable the Fabrik System plugin.
Go to table #__extensions
in the record with `name` = plg_fabrik_system
set `enabled` = 0

It seems that on a handful of installs, the post-install script which should copy the ./components/com_fabrik/fabrik folder to ./libraries/fabrik doesn't run.

So you can either copy that folder yourself, from the com_fabrik component folder to the ./libraries folder, or do a full github update, which will add the folder.

-- hugh

It seems that on a handful of installs, the post-install script which should copy the ./components/com_fabrik/fabrik folder to ./libraries/fabrik doesn't run.

So you can either copy that folder yourself, from the com_fabrik component folder to the ./libraries folder, or do a full github update, which will add the folder.

-- hugh

Hi Hugh,

sadly same problem here. I wanted to update J! and Fabrik and got following error afterwards:
Fatal error: Class 'Joomla\String\StringHelper' not found in /homepages/9/d91431929/htdocs/Intranet/libraries/fabrik/include.php on line 180

Tried to do as you suggested but neither copying the folder nor doing the github update are working for me. Seems like J! did not update and only Fabrik did to 3.5.

Cannot try troester's solution since I do not have access to the site's database. It is my office's site and my chef does not want to give me database access until really necessary...

Is there any other solution? Maybe an older version of Fabrik as github "update" in order to get the site running again and doing the updates?

Thank you very much!

I didn't test this but in GitHub you can go to the "build343" branch and download this zip
upload_2016-8-11_9-14-53.png

If you can access your backend again disable the Fabrik system plugin, update Joomla, then update Fabrik, enable the Fabrik system plugin again.

I did it!
Thanks a lot guys. Would have never made it without your help.

So here is what I did:
As suggested by troester I downloaded the build343 from the github rep a uploaded it to my J! site via ftp.
After that front- and backend were accessible again. I did a complete backup using Akeeba and updated my J! version.
At the end updated then Fabrik again.

Works like a charm!

Thanks again guys!

Hmm, that means the post-install PHP didn't run, and our library folder didn't get copied into the J! libraries. Two solutions:

1) Ftp to your server. Find the ./components/com_fabrik/fabrik folder, and copy it to ./libraries (so there is then a ./libraries/fabrik folder, which contains include.php and a fabrik/controllers folder).

... or ...

2) Do a full github update. Download ...

[github link ]

... extract it, and ftp everything up to your server. Takes a while.

-- hugh
-------

Thanks,

I checked the .library folder and it has all the mentioned files and folders. I disabled the extension through the database. Still no change.

Now I have downloaded the masters.zip but where exactly on the server I should upload it?

Thanks for the help. I tried uploding as mentioned in the github page. Still no change. I checked the database change method again. After disabling fabrik in the 'extension' table, I get this error on frontend: "Please ensure you have installed and published the Fabrik system plugin" .
But I could go now into the backend now where I trashed the extension. Still was getting the same error on frontend. Then I disabled fabrik in Plugins and my frontend is back. But how can I instal and use Fabrik without these problems? Thanks

We are in need of some funding.
More details.

Thank you.

Members online

Back