• Hello Fabrik Community

Fabrik is now in the hands of the development team that brought you Fabrik for Joomla 4. We have recently transitioned the Fabrik site over to a new server and are busy trying to clean it up. We have upgraded the site to Joomla 4 and are running the latest version of Fabrik 4. We have also upgraded the Xenforo forum software to the latest version. Many of the widgets you might have been used to on the forum are no longer operational, many abandoned by the developers. We hope to bring back some of the important ones as we have time.

Exciting times to be sure.

The Fabrik 4.0 Official release is now available. In addition, the Fabrik codebase is now available in a public repository. See the notices about these in the announcements section

We wish to shout out a very big Thank You to all of you who have made donations. They have really helped. But we can always use more...wink..wink..

Also a big Thank You to those of you who have been assisting others in the forum. This takes a very big burden off of us as we work on bugs, the website and the future of Fabrik.

after validation failed fields with changes lost it value

rtorres

someone can tell me where to look?

I have several fields with validations (not empty, greater than .. ) and also have checked the must validate option, so the user wont send the form until everything is ok..

BUT

somehow the "must validate" works with a few fields and then the button is enabled so i can "send" the form, but the validation kicks in and says that there is an error BUT all the information that was entered is LOST...

anyone? about what to do?

someone can tell me where to look?

I have several fields with validations (not empty, greater than .. ) and also have checked the must validate option, so the user wont send the form until everything is ok..

BUT

somehow the "must validate" works with a few fields and then the button is enabled so i can "send" the form, but the validation kicks in and says that there is an error BUT all the information that was entered is LOST...

anyone? about what to do?
There's a bug here - I forgot about this until now. Happened to me last week too.

What is happening is... as you correct the invalid entries in a form after submission, the entire form is not being validated in its entirety (like it was when it was saved).

So the value holding whether the Save button is dimmed if validations fail, never gets updated based on the conditions that cause it to be dimmed in the first place; and you are 'stuck' on that form.

I just diagnose problems, not so good at getting them fixed.;)

add a new record
the last group is where the validation wont work (fields: Nombre del contacto para utilizaci?n del equipo and Telefono) the validation is (not empty)

in the same group the email validation is ON

https://goo.gl/SCT17H

user xxxxxxxx
pw xxxxxxxx

fabrik, components and elements are 3.7

Update
I changed the links section to AJAX so the edit/view window is open in an Ajax window, and with this setting even though the SAVE button is enabled and the validations are not ok... the new data entered is not lost after the user hits save.. but only works in ajax mode and not for new records..

Last edited by a moderator:
Don't put usernames and passwords in the public forums.

And can you give my account superadmin access. I'll change the password as soon as I login.

-- hugh

OK, should be working now.

The problem seems to be a logic problem somewhere between the multi-page session handling and validation. When you have multipage forms, there's an option (under "Processing" for form settings) to "Save part edited records". This is intended for long, multipage forms, and means that someone can fill some of it, not submit, then come back to it later (after the usual J! session has timed out) and Fabrik will re-fill the form with their un-submitted data. We store the data in our own session table.

This shouldn't have any effect on validation failures. But it seems that if you don't have that option enabled on a multi-page form, you get the effect you saw, with data being lost after a validation failure on a new record.

I enabled that "Save part edited records" option on your form, and it now behaves correctly after a validation failure. At some point I'll see if I can fix the underlying problem so you don't need to enable that.

NOTE - the "Must Validate" feature (which disables the submit button until all elements set to Must Validate have had their validations run) is still "work in progress", and you may find it doesn't work quite right.

-- hugh

We are in need of some funding.
More details.

Thank you.

Members online

Back