ajax file upload for repeat groups

skyrun

i saw this:
https://github.com/Fabrik/fabrik/commit/ba4362d317c220a9d48089e2c55ee1889967e2ae
and that you're working on fixing the ajax file upload for repeat groups. don't know if it's helpful, but our developer created a fileupload_enh plugin that works with repeat groups (in our environment).

it also updates dynamically/w ajax (ie if you add or delete files or add a new group, then add files to it, it updates the record real-time even without saving it). on an +add form, that required generating the new id and opening the form with the id so the repeat fileupload element could be linked to the correct id.

we needed it for our use case and it sounded like it may be a while before you got to it on your list so we developed it. just finished it this week.

i haven't looked at it or tested it outside of our environment and it's possible that it depends on some .js is contained in the custom template we're using with the form (also attached). but i think it will stand on it's own.

in case it's useful, i'll attach a zip of the plugin/fabrik_element/fileupload_enh directory here.

i'll attach the template also (components/com_fabrik/views/form/tmpl/bootstrap_work_order).
in the template is also .js that waits for the form (and most notably the fileupload_enh rows) to be loaded before showing the buttons that include the 'save' button on the form. we were having issues with users opening forms and pressing save to get out quickly before the form fully loaded. causing some of the data go away when it took too long to load.

i hate looking at other people's code... but just in case it helps someone.

We are in need of some funding.
More details.

Thank you.

Members online

Back