AltaUserPoints and Joomla! 3.6.4 - working?

fabrikg09

I've got a Joomla! site that really needs to be updated to 3.6.x pretty soon, as the 2.5.x install is pretty long in the tooth. The only hitch thus far is the old Alpha User Points plug. AUP and Fabrik work perfectly.

There doesn't seem to be much out there that resembles AUP except the fork/AltaUserPoints plugin. Is anyone successfully using this with Fabrik 3.5.1 ?

After looking around a bit on the Web, there seems to be a real scarcity of this type of functionality. My other idea is to just keep running the Joomla! 2.5.x install until I can figure out an alternative.

TIA!

I think I tried loading up AltUserPoints recently, but iirc it had issues with PHP 7 and J! 3.4+, which is why I haven't done anything with it.

If you can confirm that it works on the latest J!, I'll take a look again.

-- hugh

The last version of AUP I have installed is 2.0.4 dated 13 October 2015. It successfully installed in Joomla! 3.6.4 The missing piece seems to be the alphauserpoints plug in for Fabrik. I do have a version of that plug for Joomla! 2.6.x on the older install. It seems to reside in the folder plugins/fabrik_form/alphauserpoints, and consists of these files:
  • index.html
  • alphauserpoints.xml
  • alphauserpoints.php
    • language (folder)
      • en_GB.plg_fabrik_form_alphauserpoints.sys.ini
      • en_GB.plg_fabrik_form_alphauserpoints..ini
    • forms(folder)
      • index.html
      • fields.xml
Joomla 3.6.4's structure looks like this, as far as Fabrik's form plugins are concerned:

/fabrik_form
  • redirect (folder)
  • receipt (folder)
  • php (folder)
  • email (folder)
So, I don't think that just copying the old AUP plugin files to the Joomla! 3.6.4 install would work, but I don't really know how to proceed at this point.

Thank you! I don't know why I couldn't find that.
It installs without incident, but I now must figure out how to configure it to match previous Joomla! install. I'll report back after I've a chance to tinker with it.
Thanks again.

OK, I've loaded up the current Alta component, and made the changes needed to work with AltaUserPoints:

https://github.com/Fabrik/fabrik/commit/6aabd1957a07fd43c057a1d977d0a392e451a2ca

... you'll need to do a github update to pick those changes up. Basically it's just a change to the folder location for the AUP helper, and a class name change.

I got it to work by just adding a new rule in AUP, assigning it some points, giving it a plugin name (doesn't matter, can be anything, I used plgaup_fabrik_events as I was testing it on my Events list.

Add the AUP Fabrik plugin to the form, select the plugin name you used in the AUP plugin, your user element placeholder (like {fab_events___userid}) or you can use the currently logged on user ({$my->id}), and optionally assign your points in there.

When you submit the form, points will be added.

Took me about an hour all told. It'd be nice if you could sign up for a month of standard sub, as a contribution to that. Not obligatory, but would be appreciated. $20 to the cause (or whatever it works out at these days).

-- hugh

Thanks, Hugh. I just did the one-month standard sub.
My work with Joomla! these days has been minimal, but this one site using AUP needs to be maintained for the time being. After I disable AUP and install Alta and update Fabrik from Github, I'll let you know what happens.
Thanks again for your assistance!

I replied to your PM with the ZIP for the AUP fork. Note that I sent two, as first time I only sent the extension installer, not the full "UNZIPFIRST" one with other stuff in it.

Thanks for the sub.

-- hugh

Thanks for that. Of course, a little while after I uploaded it, the Nordmograph registration came through... I'll get to the configuration tomorrow, most likely.

We are in need of some funding.
More details.

Thank you.

Members online

No members online now.
Back