1. We suggest you do NOT update to Joomla 3.8.10 until we can resolve an issue it causes with caching in Fabrik. If you do install it, you'll need to disable Joomla's "System Cache" in the global System settings.
  2. Apologies for the recent server outage, a planned migration by our host provider to a new location turned into a bit of a nightmare.

Article Creation on Form Submission

Discussion in 'Community' started by dboggs1994, May 7, 2018.

1. dboggs1994

dboggs1994 New Member

Level: Supporter
    Hi, I must be looking in the wrong place and I am fairly new to Fabrik. I want an article to be created automatically when someone submits the form data through the front-end. I have found references to an article plugin (plg_fabrik_form_article) which sounds like what I am looking for. However, I do not have the plug-in installed and I am using the latest version of Fabrik. I have searched for the plug-in (Github) but little results, found Fabrik and it appears to have the plug-in but it is dated. Is this plug-in deprecated? Does it do what I am expecting which is basically providing a template and inserting the placeholders in the template with the submitted form data?

2. cheesegrits

cheesegrits Support Gopher Staff Member

Level: Professional
  3. dboggs1994

dboggs1994 New Member

Thanks for the reply but the link provided takes me to a documentation link, which takes me to an fairly empty page that I have been at before.

4. cheesegrits

5. dboggs1994

dboggs1994 New Member

Hugh, yes I missed the download "Fork on Github" was looking for a download of the individual plug-in but that does not seem possible. Thank you.

6. cheesegrits

Ah, I just realized that's one of the plugins which is only available to subscribers, so ...

http://fabrikar.com/download/details/36/3077-form-article

... won't have the Download buttons for you ...

download.png

So yeah, without subscribing, the only way you can get it is to do a github update (see wiki) and discover it.

-- hugh

7. dboggs1994

dboggs1994 New Member

No problem, I would have swore that I clicked the Download menu option but anyway to make a long story short, I did subscribe as a supporter and was able to download the plug-in after clicking the Download menu option. Thanks for everything!!!

8. cheesegrits

Cool, tx.

-- hugh