1. Hugh is now back at work, more or less full time, after a slower than expected recovery from his neck surgery early this month. Obviously we have a backlog of support to clear, and are working as hard as we can to take care of it. If you have an unanswered thread more than 3 days old, please post one (and only one) "bump" on it, to move it in to our "last 3 days" list. If you have an unanswered issue in a forum you no longer have access to due to subscriptions timing out, please use the Contact Us form, and provide us with the URL to the thread.

Autocomplete databasejoin fail

Discussion in 'Standard Support' started by Emekas, Jan 14, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Emekas New Member

    Level: Community
    After the latest SVN update the autocomplete databasejoin failed. I don't know why, but the Ajax validation wheel does not show up. The element looks like a standard field-element in the front-end except that it does not store any data.

    Possible bug?

    // Emelie
  2. Emekas New Member

    Level: Community
    Friendly bump.
  3. Emekas New Member

    Level: Community
    I don't know what has changed but after installing the 2.0.3 verison, the Ajax validation wheel is spinning on some empty databasejoin autocomplete fields even in detail view and the database join record don't show "search"data when in auto-complete mode. The dropdown works however but I have to many rows of data to make a dropdown work..

    Also, if I set drop-down elements to allow users to add values, the "add value" fields show at all time, not only when clicking the "plus" sign.

    // Emelie
  4. cheesegrits Support Gopher

    Level: Community
    What (form) template are you using?

    What validations do you have on the autocomplete join(s)?

    What version of Mootools are you using?

    Are you seeing any JS errors when you load the page (either the triangle ! icon in bottom left of IE, or load Firebug in FF and errors show bottom right).

    I can't seem to replicate either of the autocomplete issues you described. But if the dropdown element is also not working right, i suspect you have some JS issues on page load that is breaking things.

    -- hugh
  5. Emekas New Member

    Level: Community
    The template I have installed is one of the original and the autocomplete function did work with this template earlier. The only thing changed in the template is the HEX in the CSS file.

    Validation?

    I have been stumbeling on to this Mootool before but now when you are asking I cant find where to look.. where do I look?

    There is no error message, no Icon, nothing... I have even tryed using the Google Chrome help but no error messages...
    The drop-down version of the dbjoin is ok, it's just the autocomplete.

    Note. (don't know if it is related) When I have the latest SVN where autocomplete dbjoin fail, the "show linked record in pop-up" filter is working correct.
    When I have the latest nightlie installed (from december 2010) the autocomplete database join is working but the "show linked record in pop-up" is not working (no posts/records are shown, as if there where no related records)


    // Emelie
  6. Emekas New Member

    Level: Community
    When "Install new module" I have a module called "Remove Mootools 11". Can that be of help maby?

    // Emelie
  7. Emekas New Member

    Level: Community
    Friendly bump
  8. cheesegrits Support Gopher

    Level: Community
    If you are running J! 1.5.20 or greater, can you see if you have the "MT Upgrade" system plugin enabled? If not, enable it, reload your page and see if that makes any difference.

    There's basically three choices for Mootools ... 1.11 (which used to be the standard J! version of Moo), 1.2 (which Fabrik introduced last year in anticipation of J! moving to 1.2) and 1.2.4 (which is now the standard J! version for 1.5.x).

    The 1.11 vs 1.2 is controlled by a Fabrik global setting (Parameters button, top right of Tables admin page).

    Moving forward, we are concentrating on just the 1.2.4 version (the J! MT Update), so I'd prefer it if you could run with that.

    -- hugh
    1 person likes this.
  9. Emekas New Member

    Level: Community
    I upgraded to Joomla 1.5.22 and enabled the MT upgrade plug-in = problem solved!! Thanx hugh!! :)
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Share This Page