Autofill and repeated groups

Hello Rob and Cheesegrits,

The autofill doesn't work for repeated groups when there is 1 cdd or more !! Can you help on that. See URL.

Thanks.

I spent a while looking at this one last night, think I see what's going on. The problem arises when both the autofill plugin and the CDD are monitoring the same element for a change event.

Ran out of steam last night, I'll get back on it today.

-- hugh

Well, yes and no.

I got it so the autofill works on the repeat group with the CDD in it ... but now the CDD doesn't update.

Working on it now.

-- hugh

OK, I've made some progress, but there's a change I've had to make to our form.js which could have side effects I haven't thought of, so I need to talk to Rob before I commit any changes.

-- hugh

OK, as of a github commit I just made, to do with some unrelated issues with our list model code, I've resolved several of the problems. Both autofill and CDD now work on the first repeat group.

I'm now working on an issue to do with getting autofill to work when you add a group. The trigger event isn't getting copied over to the new group correctly. The CDD will work, but the autofill won't.

I'm working on the issue now, I'll give it about 20 or 30 mins, if I can't fix it I'll raise a github issue for Rob to take a look, as his JS chops are considerably better than mine.

-- hugh

OK, I've made significant progress. Got things more or less working, just one hang up with a 'ghost' event firing on the CDD first group, when you add a new group.

I'll go ahead and commit the changes I've made, so you can test.

I'll carry on for a while longer, see if I can get rid of that zombie CDD update event.

-- hugh

Bump... Was there any further progress on this item... This sort of ties into another thread i made...

It would really help if you could provide URL's to threads when you want to reference them, as I don't have time to do an "Advanced Search" for all your threads, and go through them all to figure out which one you might be referring to.

-- hugh

We are in need of some funding.
More details.

Thank you.

Members online

Back