• Hello Fabrik Community

Fabrik is now in the hands of the development team that brought you Fabrik for Joomla 4. We have recently transitioned the Fabrik site over to a new server and are busy trying to clean it up. We have upgraded the site to Joomla 4 and are running the latest version of Fabrik 4. We have also upgraded the Xenforo forum software to the latest version. Many of the widgets you might have been used to on the forum are no longer operational, many abandoned by the developers. We hope to bring back some of the important ones as we have time.

Exciting times to be sure.

The Fabrik 4.0 Official release is now available. In addition, the Fabrik codebase is now available in a public repository. See the notices about these in the announcements section

We wish to shout out a very big Thank You to all of you who have made donations. They have really helped. But we can always use more...wink..wink..

Also a big Thank You to those of you who have been assisting others in the forum. This takes a very big burden off of us as we work on bugs, the website and the future of Fabrik.

Autofill only works for super user

Status
Not open for further replies.

joki94

Hi at all,

My autofill plugin works smooth and nice if I am logged in as a super user. But it doesnt work if I am logged in as a registered user or any other Access Level.

I read in the Forum that prefilters are responsible for that issue so I deleated the prefilters but with no success. Still only superusers are able to use the autofill plugin.

Hope some one can help me soon.

Kind Regards, joki94

Hi troester,

thank you for your quick reply. Access setting is always public. I changed it to public because I thought maybe this will solve my problem. But unfortunately no changes.

Site access is not working.

But if I try to add a record I get an alerte "Do you want to search for an existing record that matches the data you have just entered?"
So the autofill plugin is triggered - but triggered before I've done any input.
Are you autofilling the list with itself?

As guest user I can see the "Empty" button in the list, which is set to "special" by default. Did you set this to "public", too?

The autofill is triggered directly if the site is loaded. It doesnt matter if it is triggered directly or after selecting an element. The autofill still works only for super user and no other access groups.

Did you find something in my site, which causes the problem?

Kind Regards, joki94

It would definitely help if you could give me exact testing instructions. Which form, which plugin, and what to type in which field that should get an autofill result.

-- hugh

Hi, it is correct that the form Hotels have 19 autofill plugins. No one works with another user than super user. So it doesnt matter which autofill plugin you will test. I think if one works for normal users, the other plugings will work as well.

If you change the Hotel Code, the autofill normally should work and change all fairs at the bottom of the form. It works perfekt as superuser but it doesnt work as a normal user. You can try these Codes for testing the Autofill Plugin: SENA, ENJJOY, RESI

Kind Regards, joki94

I don't seem to be able to replicate this. Here's a screencast:

https://www.screencast.com/t/RcBOiF8Q0i

I'm editing the same row, on the backend and the frontend. I've got a dev tools window open as well, so you can see all the calc and autofill AJAX calls firing. And you can see from the second tab I select that I'm not logged in on the front end.

However ... even if it does "work", I real;ly don't see this being usable in production. As you can see from that debugger window, the AJAX activity is crazy. It has to fire off 19 calc updates, all of which have to run to completion, then 19 autofills. Which is hitting your server with 38 complete Joomla and Fabrik loads, kind of like loading 38 pages all at once. And I was finding your server just stopping a lot during testing, I'm guessing I probably got rate limited.

We may need to get together on Skype, share a screen and you show me what the problem is.

But really ... I think it needs a redesign to make it usable.

-- hugh

Hi cheesegrits,

thank you for your answer. Thats strange the autofill plugin seems to look fine if I am a super User ANd/OR if I am not logged in. But if I am logged in as a hotelier, the plugin doesnt seem to work.

I added you on skype so maybe you can help me there.

Kind Regards,

joki94

Hi cheesegrits,

I have sent you login credentials via Skype. Do you have any news for me?

Kind Regards, joki94

Sorry, I never saw your msg, now I can't find that conversation anywhere. Can you ping me in Skype to bring the conversation back into view.

-- hugh

The user you gave me doesn't have access to add or edit the Hotels list, so I'm not sure how to test it?

-- hugh

Status
Not open for further replies.
We are in need of some funding.
More details.

Thank you.

Members online

Back