Automatically insert data from another table

xbonnaire

Hi,

First I want to say that Fabrik is surely one of the best component ever made for Joomla :)

However, as a newbie to Fabrik, I'm wondering how to solve a simple problem (I'm sure its an obvious question, but obviousness is a so relative notion).

So, I have a course table which contains a list of courses, with fields like name, profesor,... and a course category. The category field is a database join element to a table that contains a list of available categories for courses. So after populating the course table, each course has an associated category, and everything works fine.

I want now to create a new table that contains the courses available for a given semester. So the table contains, a course field which is a table join element to the course name in the course table (works fine).

Now, I would like the course category to also appear in the available_courses table.
Let say that when creating a new available course, the user can choose a course in the
dropdown menu (from the course table), and then a category field is automatically
filled with the corresponding course category in the available_course_table.

I've tried to use another database join element to the category element in the course table (which is already a database join to the category table), but it does not work.

Is there anyone that could help me to do this?

Thanks.

Xavier

We are in need of some funding.
More details.

Thank you.

Members online

Back