• Hello Fabrik Community

Fabrik is now in the hands of the development team that brought you Fabrik for Joomla 4. We have recently transitioned the Fabrik site over to a new server and are busy trying to clean it up. We have upgraded the site to Joomla 4 and are running the latest version of Fabrik 4. We have also upgraded the Xenforo forum software to the latest version. Many of the widgets you might have been used to on the forum are no longer operational, many abandoned by the developers. We hope to bring back some of the important ones as we have time.

Exciting times to be sure.

The Fabrik 4.0 Official release is now available. In addition, the Fabrik codebase is now available in a public repository. See the notices about these in the announcements section

We wish to shout out a very big Thank You to all of you who have made donations. They have really helped. But we can always use more...wink..wink..

Also a big Thank You to those of you who have been assisting others in the forum. This takes a very big burden off of us as we work on bugs, the website and the future of Fabrik.

Breaking Up Form With Tabs

gershieg

I have a form with multiple sections for a user to fill out. I was wondering if there's a way to break up these sections by tab. For example a user will be able to choose a tab and fill out questions that pertain to that tab alone. So for example if there are 2 sections, 1 for first name, last name and the second section is address, phone number I want the user to be able to click on the "tab" "user information" and get only the questions "First Name, Last Name". If they choose "Personal Information" tab then the address, phone number questions will appear. Thanks for your help

Create additional groups assigned to your form
Edit your elements and select those groups
Edit your form and choose the "Tabs" template

Not sure what I'm missing...

Create additional groups assigned to your form
Edit your elements and select those groups
Edit your form and choose the "Tabs" template

I've done these steps. The tabs show up correctly, but without any data on them, except for the first one. The first one shows the elements which are assigned to to, and none of the ones that aren't.

Using Fabrik 3.0.6.3 on Joomla 2.5.7

Are the groups/elements showing up correctly if you use e.g. the default template (you can append &layout=default to your URL to test on the fly)?

Did you clear browser cache?
Do you have a link?

No, no matter what template I use, the elements that aren't assigned to the first template don't show up.

I did clean both my browser cache and Joomla cache.

I can provide a link, but since this is live data, and we want to keep it behind the Joomla login (i.e., not publically viewable), I'd have to send you login credentials via PM or email.

Doublecheck that you have assigned the elements to the correct groups.
Can you see all expected elements in the element listing if you select your form?

We are in need of some funding.
More details.

Thank you.

Members online

Back