1. Hugh (cheesegrits) here. Thank you for all the good wishes. My back surgery was a success, post-op recovery is going well, and I'm getting stronger and feeling better every day. I hope to be getting back in the saddle and working support again over the next few days.
  2. IMPORTANT NOTE - we have made some changes in our github branch naming. The 'master' branch no longer exists, and is now called 'joomla25' (which is Fabrik 3.0). The 'joomla3' branch (which is Fabrik 3.2) remains unchanged. We have also removed all the other testing branches which had accuulated over the last few years. I have posted a thread in the Community forum for 3.0 with some more information, feel free to as questions there.

[BUG] - Database join with checkbox type

Discussion in 'Standard Support' started by techpoint, Feb 14, 2012.

1. techpoint New Member

Level: Community
    Hi, I use Fabrik svn_5848.
    I've found a medium level bug with database join element using checkbox type.

The issue occurs if you try to modify a row: it doesn't save changes.

Example:
    A row contains checkbox database join element with "a" and "c" checked values from "a", "b", "c", "d" list values. I want to modify it with no checked values.
    After save "a" and "c" still remains checked, so it doesn't save my choice.
  2. techpoint New Member

friendly bump!
  3. techpoint New Member

friendly bump
  4. cheesegrits Support Gopher

I'm working on this one.

-- hugh
    1 person likes this.
  5. rob Administrator

Hugh did you get anywere with this one?
  6. techpoint New Member

Hi, some news?
  7. cheesegrits Support Gopher

I see the problem, working on a fix now.

-- hugh
  8. cheesegrits Support Gopher

OK, should be fixed in github.

-- hugh
  9. techpoint New Member

Hi Hug, I've always upgraded Fabrik svn from TortoiseSVN, what is github?
    However, I've downloaded svn 5856 and tested it but problem persists.
    It still saves with a minimum one checked value.
    I sent you a PM with a Jing video.
  10. cheesegrits Support Gopher

Ach phfffft, I fixed it in f3, not f2. 3.0 had the same problem.

Checking the f2 code, which I think is pretty much the same ...

-- hugh
    1 person likes this.
  11. cheesegrits Support Gopher

OK, I think I've back-ported the changes.

Try out the latest SVN and let me know.

-- hugh
  12. techpoint New Member

Hi Hugh :-/ it doesn't work! Problem persists...

I remind you that the issue is on database join element using checkbox type.
  13. techpoint New Member

friendly bump
  14. kebmsmith Member

I was about to post about a problem. Maybe this is the same one. I found that when I try to poll the "checked" value of a checkbox element, the DIV containing the individual checkboxes do not have and ID attribute, so I can't get the element. Is this the same issue?

I'm going to post the question to a new thread, but if it's fixed by the same bugfix you are talking about, feel free to close it and I'll go figure out how to download the patch.
    --
    Kevin
  15. kebmsmith Member

Never mind my addition to this thread. I asked and answered my question here. For anyone else having problems with JavaScript for polling an array of checkboxes, please see:

http://fabrikar.com/forums/showthread.php?t=25162

Thanks anyway.
    --
    K
  16. techpoint New Member

new friendly bump
  17. techpoint New Member

friendly bump!!

I assumed that the problem was on components\com_fabrik\models\form.php file approx at this code line:

Code (text):
                    // $$$ rob - erm is $fields needed?
                    //$fields = $listModel->getDBFields($listModel->getTable()->db_table_name);
                    $aKey = $listModel->getPrimaryKeyAndExtra();
                    $aKey = $aKey[0];
                    $listModel->getTable()->db_primary_key = $aKey['colname'];
                    $joinDb =& $listModel->getDb();
                    //back on track
                    $fullforeginKey = $oJoin->table_join.'___'.$oJoin->table_join_key;
                    if (is_array($data) && array_key_exists($fullforeginKey, $data)) {

So I've tested it by adding a "print_r" and a "die" commands before the "if" statement:
    Code (text):
                    // $$$ rob - erm is $fields needed?
                    //$fields = $listModel->getDBFields($listModel->getTable()->db_table_name);
                    $aKey = $listModel->getPrimaryKeyAndExtra();
                    $aKey = $aKey[0];
                    $listModel->getTable()->db_primary_key = $aKey['colname'];
                    $joinDb =& $listModel->getDb();
                    //back on track
                    $fullforeginKey = $oJoin->table_join.'___'.$oJoin->table_join_key;
            echo "<pre>";
            print_r ($data);
            echo "</pre>";
            die('');
                    if (is_array($data) && array_key_exists($fullforeginKey, $data)) {

Now, when I modify a row and save it again with all unchecked values it dies and allows me to show the following message:
    Code (text):
    Array (     [table_name___parent_id] => Array         (         )  )

if I save with at least one checked values it shows:
    Code (text):
    Array (     [table_name___myrow] => Array         (             [0] => 16         )      [table_name___id] => Array         (             [0] => 1         )      [table_name___parent_id] => Array         (         )  )

Well! Now I think that the "if" statement is wrongly executed when $data is an array, but it is empty so it should skip and execute the "else" statement of the "if"!

However you can notice that:
    Code (text):
        [table_name___parent_id] => Array         (         )

...it seems that array_key_exists($fullforeginKey, $data) always contains $fullforeginKey array key... (is that wrong?)!

Then, I had thought that the "if" statement would has to be like this:
    Code (text):
    if (is_array($data) && count($data)>1 && array_key_exists($fullforeginKey, $data)) {

Assuming that it's right that $fullforeginKey is always present inside the $data array, I've added a "count($data)>1" hoping to fix the issue.... but with no luck!!!

So, regardless of use of "count", it continues to saves datas with the following illogic rule:

- If you uncheck all values and try to save, it doesn't save changes (so it mantains on db the previously saved datas)!

I don't know if my argument is wrong, but I really need to fix this annoying problem.
  18. techpoint New Member

friendly bump
  19. techpoint New Member

friendly bump
  20. rob Administrator

Hi

I've had a go at fixing this, can you update from svn and see if it works for you

thx
    Rob
    1 person likes this.