Bug fix for description in datbasejoin

Bauer

I just put in a pull request to make 2 simple changes to the dbj element plugin and fix a long-standing bug.

The problem was happening when the WHERE condition could also possibly change the number of options in the dropdown - i.e. when the AJAX update option was also being used - then the descriptions would become out-of-sync.

This was happening because the class name that was being created (to allow js to link the selected option to the description) was based on the original selectedIndex (index sequence order).

I changed one line of code in both the databasejoin layout and javascript files so that the class name now uses the (primary key) value instead of the selectedIndex and all is well.

Unless someone can come up with a reason this might break something elsewhere, I'm hoping to get this pull request committed before the next time I have to update from Github.;)

OK - as this sounds like a much simpler commit, I'll put the time into merging it. I know you are frustrated with PR's not being merged, but for example, the last one was spread out over half a dozen patches, each making successive modifications to the same files, so it's almost impossible for me to look at the changes and figure out everything it does and where the potential problems are. This means I have to create a new branch, add you as an upstream, merge the changes into that then do a diff here to see a readable overview of the changes ... and that's just a time consuming pain in the ass.

-- hugh

Thanks.
I didn't realize each consecutive edit to a pull request created a new modification. I though whatever I edited last was the only one that 'takes' - sorry abut that.

For most of those requests still at github, in the meantime I have come up with a way of handling the issues via javascript anyhow (like my requested changes for tool tips).

And I gave up on the Yes/No element, so I really don't care about that request either.
I changed all yesno elements in my project to just use radio buttons rendered as a 'Button group'. I said years ago that I thought the yesno element plugin was redundant and should be retired. It only adds to confusion because it works differently than the radio button element or a dbjoin rendered as radio buttons.

But I see the 3 requests that I just added back on October 7th are still there.
All 3 of those are unrelated, yet simple, fixes to typos in language INI files that throw errors - so I have no idea why you would be reluctant to commit them.:confused:

We are in need of some funding.
More details.

Thank you.

Members online

Back