• Hello Fabrik Community

Fabrik is now in the hands of the development team that brought you Fabrik for Joomla 4. We have recently transitioned the Fabrik site over to a new server and are busy trying to clean it up. We have upgraded the site to Joomla 4 and are running the latest version of Fabrik 4. We have also upgraded the Xenforo forum software to the latest version. Many of the widgets you might have been used to on the forum are no longer operational, many abandoned by the developers. We hope to bring back some of the important ones as we have time.

Exciting times to be sure.

The Fabrik 4.0 Official release is now available. In addition, the Fabrik codebase is now available in a public repository. See the notices about these in the announcements section

We wish to shout out a very big Thank You to all of you who have made donations. They have really helped. But we can always use more...wink..wink..

Also a big Thank You to those of you who have been assisting others in the forum. This takes a very big burden off of us as we work on bugs, the website and the future of Fabrik.

BUG in Display Text

rdiana

Hi friends,
in a form I've two display-text plugin, devoted to provide some common infos to the user.
I've noticed that the display-text plugin records these information in the MYSQL database table: is it normal? I've chose this field because it should not record the data inside tables...

Bye,

Roberto

Dear Troester,
thank you for your message. It seems a strange behaviour, because in some cases (not always) the display text plugin records data. I'm verifying if a problem exists with joined tables.

its not a problem, but a design decision. Each element has a db field associated with it. If we didn't do that we would be continuously checking if an element had a db field when saving records etc

What's weird is he's saying that the display element sometimes saves data to the table, which it shouldn't.

Hmmm, looking at the code, I'm not quite sure why we don't default $_recordInDatabase to false in the display element. We seem to be relying on the setRecordInDatabase() method, but unless my global search is missing something, I'm not convinced that actually gets called any more.

So ... I just added a line to override the default value of that variable to false by default, see if that fixes the issue.

-- hugh

Dear Rob and Hugh,
thank you for your reply.
Rob: yes, to each list element corresponds a field in the mysql table, I know it. But I remember the display-text is the only element which, in fact, doesn't record anything in the related field and this aspect is emphasized in some other post of yours on this issue;
Hugh: I've unzipped the last Fabrik-fabrik-3.0.5-172-gb3dfb74 from github, but the problem is still present and the display-text field records its text in the related mysql table-field.

Cheers,
Roberto

We are in need of some funding.
More details.

Thank you.

Members online

Back