calc element on an added repeat group not firing

skyrun

pretty sure this will wind up being something not supported...

on this repeating group form i have ext cost as an ajax calc element that fires based on hours * hourly rate (and factors in the discount/markup). works great on rows that were there when the form was loaded.
View attachment 17276
but when i click the blue '+' to add a row i see 2 issues:
  1. the ext cost from the last row is copied even though it isn't supposed to copy data in the repeat group and no other data copies.
  2. the ajax isn't setup for the new row, so if i type 1 hour and 40 for the hourly rate, the ext cost doesn't change.
if i save the form and re-look at it. then it works on the newly added row. would there be a way to have the add group event also add any ajax calcs that happen to be in place?

by div mode i assuming you mean list mode. if so, the answer is no. it works the same in table and list template.

i think the event is copied but incorrectly perhaps. i can see the ajax firing to recalc when i change any of the items (the spinner appears briefly).... but the recalc doesn't seem to be operating on the new row/the row that i have typed data into.

for example, if i have 2 rows there, and add a 3rd row, when i type into the 3rd row, i can see the spinner each time a change a trigger field, but the data on the 3rd row is not changing. the data on the 1st or 2nd row could be recalculating, but since i haven't edited it, it doesn't change visably...

i can change the data on the pre-existing/non-added rows 1 and 2 and they work fine.

so it looks like the event is being added as you say, but the index/row number for it is not being added correctly.

you can see it here:https://testlocation.skyrun.com/skytrax-manage/work-orders/form/52/212

I get "we cannot find this record" on that one. I tried some other row numbers at random, but can't find any that have existing repeat data I can test with.

-- hugh

We are in need of some funding.
More details.

Thank you.

Members online

Back