1. Hugh is now back at work, more or less full time, after a slower than expected recovery from his neck surgery early this month. Obviously we have a backlog of support to clear, and are working as hard as we can to take care of it. If you have an unanswered thread more than 3 days old, please post one (and only one) "bump" on it, to move it in to our "last 3 days" list. If you have an unanswered issue in a forum you no longer have access to due to subscriptions timing out, please use the Contact Us form, and provide us with the URL to the thread.

Call a menu from within article

Discussion in 'Standard Support' started by rali, Apr 11, 2012.

1. rali New Member

Level: Community
    Hi,

Is there a way to call a menu from within an article content i.e. use a placeholder or a php code within in article that when executed behaves like if a specific menu has been clicked

joomla 2.5.4
    fabrik 3.5.x

Thanks in advance
  2. rob Administrator

Not entirely sure what you want here, but menu items are referenced by their Itemid

so 'index.php?Itemid=1'

will load your first menu item

does that help?
  3. rali New Member

Hi,

Thanks Rob for your reply.

As you know we can call a form from within an article e.g {fabrik view=form id=x}. Is there a similar way for menus?

I have an custom HTML module containing some PHP coding and I want at the end of this coding to trigger a menu dynamically. Is there a way to do this.

Yes the link to the menu is 'index.php?Itemid=1' but how to execute it by coding; can we put it in a placeholder?

Thanks
  4. rob Administrator

what do you mean to trigger a menu dynamically?
  5. rali New Member

We generally click on a menu title to make it active (to trigger to menu); I want this to happen by coding. When a given code is executed a specific menu become active.
    for example I tried this placeholder but it does not do it
    {fabrik view=menu Itemid=1}
  6. jfquestiaux Well-Known Member

Level: Professional
    It is still very unclear what you want to achieve!
    Can you give a detailed example of what you try to do?
    1 person likes this.
  7. cheesegrits Support Gopher

Are you trying to actually open another page from your code? Like, a redirect?

-- hugh
  8. rali New Member

Hi Hugh

Yes, but to my understanding redirect cannot be used here?
  9. rali New Member

kindly bumps
  10. jfquestiaux Well-Known Member

Level: Professional
    As long as you don't explain exactly want you are trying to do, nobody can help you...
  11. rali New Member

the question is clear!!!!

Please jfquestiaux before replying read previous messages, it was clear that Hugh understood my question
  12. troester Well-Known Member

Level: Standard
    Why?
    It's really not clear what you want to do.

Where is the connection from 'opening a menu link in an article' to fabrik if you are running php code in a custom HTML module? You can "echo" a link with your PHP code.

Fabrik content plugin ({fabrik...) displays fabrik stuff.
    You may display a form with a redirect or a details view with a link element or a calc element containing a link
    1 person likes this.