• Hello Fabrik Community

Fabrik is now in the hands of the development team that brought you Fabrik for Joomla 4. We have recently transitioned the Fabrik site over to a new server and are busy trying to clean it up. We have upgraded the site to Joomla 4 and are running the latest version of Fabrik 4. We have also upgraded the Xenforo forum software to the latest version. Many of the widgets you might have been used to on the forum are no longer operational, many abandoned by the developers. We hope to bring back some of the important ones as we have time.

Exciting times to be sure.

The Fabrik 4.0 Official release is now available. In addition, the Fabrik codebase is now available in a public repository. See the notices about these in the announcements section

We wish to shout out a very big Thank You to all of you who have made donations. They have really helped. But we can always use more...wink..wink..

Also a big Thank You to those of you who have been assisting others in the forum. This takes a very big burden off of us as we work on bugs, the website and the future of Fabrik.

Can't repeat group in front end

irep

Hello.
I discover Fabrik after years I had discovered it. It is real pleasure to how it grew gorgeous and gifty.

I am trying your tutorials, i.e. the one to repeat a group in a form. I have today (dec. 12 2015) the same problem as the one related in 2013 there. In the back end, I can create new copies of the element contained in the group set be duplicated, but in the front end, I can't. The (+) sign simply duplicates nothing at all.

I tried to set debugging in Fabrik parameters, but nothing show up. So I resolved to use the JS console and got this rapport:

Code:
Navigated to http://formations-informatique.peri-ray.be/index.php/fk-list-clients-list/form/1/2
tipsBootStrapMock-min.js:2 Uncaught TypeError: Cannot read property 'Constructor' of undefined(anonymous function) @ tipsBootStrapMock-min.js:2(anonymous function) @ tipsBootStrapMock-min.js:2
tipsBootStrapMock-min.js:2 Uncaught TypeError: jQuery(...).popoverex is not a function(anonymous function) @ tipsBootStrapMock-min.js:2(anonymous function) @ mootools-core.js:5Array.implement.each @ mootools-core.js:9Class.attach @ tipsBootStrapMock-min.js:2e.extend.$owner @ mootools-core.js:38Class.initialize @ tipsBootStrapMock-min.js:2(anonymous function) @ mootools-more.js:27e.extend.$owner @ mootools-core.js:38(anonymous function) @ mootools-core.js:37(anonymous function) @ 2:487i.execCb @ VMnnn:29$.check @ VMnnn:18(anonymous function) @ VMnnn:23(anonymous function) @ VMnnn:8(anonymous function) @ VMnnn:23v @ VMnnn:7$.emit @ VMnnn:23$.check @ VMnnn:19$.enable @ VMnnn:23$.init @ VMnnn:17E @ VMnnn:14i.completeLoad @ VMnnn:28i.onScriptLoad @ VMnnn:29
VMnnn:34 GET http://formations-informatique.peri-ray.be/components/com_fabrik/libs/slimbox2/js/slimbox2.js h.load @ VMnnn:34i.load @ VMnnn:29$.load @ VMnnn:18$.fetch @ VMnnn:17$.check @ VMnnn:19$.enable @ VMnnn:23i.enable @ VMnnn:27(anonymous function) @ VMnnn:23(anonymous function) @ VMnnn:8v @ VMnnn:7$.enable @ VMnnn:22$.init @ VMnnn:17(anonymous function) @ VMnnn:26
VMnnn:8 Uncaught Error: Script error for: http://formations-informatique.peri-ray.be/components/com_fabrik/libs/slimbox2/js/slimbox2.js
http://requirejs.org/docs/errors.html#scripterrorC @ VMnnn:8i.onScriptError @ VMnnn:29
VMnnn:8 Uncaught Error: Load timeout for modules: fab/window-min,fab/elementlist-min
http://requirejs.org/docs/errors.html#timeoutC @ VMnnn:8D @ VMnnn:13(anonymous function) @ VMnnn:14

Any idea ? Please help me to step a little bit further? I can' wait to see other prowess of Fabrik ;)

Thank you

My configuration:
Chrome 47 Mac 10.11.2
fabrik 3.3.4
Database Version 5.1.73
Database Collation utf8_general_ci
PHP Version 5.4.38
Web Server Apache
WebServer to PHP Interface cgi-fcgi
Joomla! Version Joomla! 3.4.5 Stable [ Ember ] 22-October-2015 21:30 GMT

If it's working in the backend it's usually an issue with your Joomla template or (as in the thread you mention) 3rd party components breaking Joomla's JS.

Fabrik needs a Joomla template supporting the Joomla bootstrap framework.
Try with Protostar coming with Joomla.

Aw, thank you for your quick reply. This site is already in Protostar. And don't think I hacked it so much, except some css tweaks.
How can I display the debugging log in the front end ? Do I have to activate the one of Joomla in same time ?
Here is the url of the page : http:// formations-informatique.peri-ray.be/index.php/fk-list-clients-list
Thank you.

Hello. After disabling JCE didn't notice enhancements, I tried with a fresh Joomla site and succeeded in having those repeats on the front end. So I decided to reset Fabrik content on my problematic site and set my other components back "on". Started a new exercise having one list, one form, two groups (one repeated), one element in each? and boom: it worked fine on the front end. :)

So what was wrong the first time ? Alas, I don't have a backup of faulty set. See you later ? Well, who knows. Thank you for your support. I will really try to give your team the best reliable feedback as possible.

Some 3rd party plugin on your site was redefining the Bootstrap 'popover' JS class, which was causing our code to blow up when it tried to use it. I thought it might have been the JCE Mediabox code (not the JCE editor), but it was hard to tell.

-- hugh

I understand. I disabled the JCE extension and even uninstalled JCE Mediabox but it didn't help. I set it back "on" and reinstalled the JCE MediaBox component. And obviously this didn't help. So after a successful try on another site, I decided to reset Fabrik. And then it worked. Of course that is frustrating because having done so, one can't point out where the problem was. But you are right this kind of behavior is usually due to JavaScript issues.

If have other problems with Fabrik, do you think it could be useful to back up Fabrik tables and List tables so that I can send them to the team for a checkout?

Thank you.

We don't really have the time or resources to do that. We sometimes take Akeeba backups from Pro subscribers when there's a problem we can't replicate locally, but even that's not something we do on a regular basis.

-- hugh

Hugh we have the same issue on our new Fabrik 3.7 site: + and - repeat group buttons in front end not working. Tried disabling JCE, added CSS to template suggested in another post, tried changing from Yootheme Pro to Joomla Prostar template - still no change. No errors showing. Any suggestion to get it working would be appreciated . Bob

We are in need of some funding.
More details.

Thank you.

Members online

Back