Can't Repeat Group in Front End

bivey

Thank you for looking Hugh. (as per post in Community Forum). On our new Fabrik 3.7 site: the + and - repeat group buttons in front end are not working. Tried disabling JCE, added CSS to template suggested in another post, tried changing from Yootheme Pro to Joomla Prostar template - still no different. No errors showing. Any suggestion to get it working would be appreciated.
URL to the form 'Person-Volunteer' (you will need to login as per my profile)
https://www.vol.bobbinheadcycleclas...ople-tasks/person-volunteer-list/form/41/537#

Can you look and see if you have this file:

./plugins/fabrik_element/timestamp/timestamp-min.js

Your page load is erroring out with a 404 on that file, which I think is short circuiting the rest of the JS initialization on the page.

That file should exist ...

-- hugh

Thank you Hugh. The above file does NOT exist in /timestamp. I notice that colourpicker-min.js does exist in colourpicker folder. Bob

For a quick workaround you can try to set Fabrik debug to 'debug js' in Fabrik options. This should load the uncompressed js file.

Gesendet mit Tapatalk

Thank you for the suggestion. I just tried that - made no difference to either the colour-picker or date elements not working, or the repeat group. I tried also leaving debug.js on and off and the 'burst' option, and adding '?fabrikdebug=1' to the url. No luck.

'our new Fabrik3.7 site'
timestamp and colorpicker are not Fabrik core.
How did you get them, are they Fabrik3.7, too?

'buttons in frontend'
is it working in the backend?
Gesendet mit Tapatalk

Hugh, if you could send me the missing file 'timestamp-min.js' I would like to try uploading it to see if that works.

Ooops, the JS files were missing from the XML manifest for the timestamp element, so they won't have gotten installed with the timestamp ZIP. I've added those lines, so next time we build a release, they'll get included.

Grab this file:

https://github.com/Fabrik/fabrik/archive/master.zip

... which is a ZIP of the latest github code. Unzip it, then either ...

a) Do a full update, just copy EVERYTHING up to your server, overwriting existing files - it'll take a while, it's big. This will make sure you are up to date with all bug fixes as of today.

... or ...

b) Just upload those missing JS files.

-- hugh

Brilliantly researched and identified; thank you so much Hugh! I did the full update and now colourpicker, timestamp and repeat groups all work perfectly. Fabrik is a powerful program - thanks again for your time and effort. Bob

We are in need of some funding.
More details.

Thank you.

Members online

Back