• Hello Fabrik Community

Fabrik is now in the hands of the development team that brought you Fabrik for Joomla 4. We have recently transitioned the Fabrik site over to a new server and are busy trying to clean it up. We have upgraded the site to Joomla 4 and are running the latest version of Fabrik 4. We have also upgraded the Xenforo forum software to the latest version. Many of the widgets you might have been used to on the forum are no longer operational, many abandoned by the developers. We hope to bring back some of the important ones as we have time.

Exciting times to be sure.

The Fabrik 4.0 Official release is now available. In addition, the Fabrik codebase is now available in a public repository. See the notices about these in the announcements section

We wish to shout out a very big Thank You to all of you who have made donations. They have really helped. But we can always use more...wink..wink..

Also a big Thank You to those of you who have been assisting others in the forum. This takes a very big burden off of us as we work on bugs, the website and the future of Fabrik.

Cascading dropdown auto-complete bug (SQL query error)

herve06

Hello,

I have a bug in the cascadingDropDown plugin form in autocomplete.

Sometimes it works in dropdown but not in autocomplete.

After analyses logs, the error is in the SQL query called by ajax.
The result of the ajax query is (Error 501 ...):
Code:
Unknown column 't_adorga.ADORNAME' in 'where clause'
SQL=SELECT DISTINCT(`t_adorga_0`.`adorcode`) AS value, `t_adorga_0`.`ADORNAME`AS text
FROM `t_adorga` AS `t_adorga_0`
WHERE ORADCNCODEX IN ('FR')
      AND t_adorga.`ADORNAME` LIKE '%c%' ORDER BY text ASC

As you can see in the like it do not use the alias but the name of the table :/ (t_adorga whereas t_adorga_0)

PS: More information: http://pastebin.com/3iBKvTvu
PPS: I use joomla2.5 so Fabrik3 git updated on 1st August

no ftp!? How do you add files then?
Sorry without FTP its going to be impossible to test what is going on

No, It's a local web server in our Office. If you want I can give you a SVN account on it, but there is a problem on your website, I cannot login (but I'm connected to the forum only), when I try acces http://fabrikar.com/you/my-sites it ask me connection, but when I try it display: joomla_int Session Create: You cannot access the private section of this site.

Ok, I've corrected the bug:
FIX:

File: /plugins/fabrik_element/cascadingdropdown/cascadingdropdown.php
Line 817:

if (!empty($this->_autocomplete_where))
{
$where .= $where !== '' ? ' AND ' . $this->_autocomplete_where : $this->_autocomplete_where;
$where = str_replace($join->table_join, $join->table_join_alias, $where);
}

I'm getting the "have you installed the Fabrik system plugin?" on that page.

Line 817? In my copy of the 3.0 code that's at line 863.

https://github.com/Fabrik/fabrik/bl...ement/cascadingdropdown/cascadingdropdown.php

... so it looks like you have a pretty old version of 3.0.

I've attempted a fix with this commit:

https://github.com/Fabrik/fabrik/commit/45df772bc636c4311ebd72e01daf7281e738583d

... but haven't tested it, as I don't currently have a test case for an autocomplete join/CDD setup, and we've pretty much officially ended development for 3.0, except for security related bug fixes, now that J! 2.5 is officially end-of-lifed.

You'll need to do a full github update. Suggest you do a full backup of your site first.

-- hugh

Hi
I have done an update from gethub, although still have this error. I have attached the php file from database join, where do I add the code you posted in the second link. Sorry I am new to php and joomla.

Attachments

• databasejoin.txt
    99.3 KB · Views: 505
Seems your txt file is showing the recent Fabrik3.3 code.
If your are running Fabrik3.0.9 on Joomla2.5 your have to update from GitHub joomla2.5 branch

You are posting in the Fabrik3.0/Joomla2.5 forum and Hugh's fix/commit is in the Joomla2.5 branch.

So can you please post in the correct forum and mention your exact Joomla and Fabrik versions, error message etc.

Indeed, I can only go by where the question is posted. if it's posted in a forum marked "Fabrik 3.0 for J! 2.5", then I assume that's the version you are running.

If you are running Fabrik >= 3.1 on J! 3.x, can you post in that forum?

-- hugh

We are in need of some funding.
More details.

Thank you.

Members online

Back