Cascading dropdown doesn't work after updated to 3.8

Status
Not open for further replies.
I can't replicate, on my site it's working.

Your form doesn't load any Fabrik JS.
Did you try with the default Joomla Protostar template?
Do you have any JS compression activated?

What I'm seeing is that without fabrikdebug, the JS loads (but being compressed I can't do any forensics), but with ?fabrikdebug=1, no JS loads - that is, all of the embedded JS at the end of the body which does all the requirejs() loading of modules has been stripped out.

So something, somewhere is messing with the page.

-- hugh

Nevertheless, literally none of our JS code, either the files that should be included on the page, or the JS embedded in the page to create the form, is being loaded in fabrikdebug=1 mode, which I've never seen happen in a decade of debugging Fabrik JS issues. So something is going wrong with your JS.

Can you edit Fabrik global option (button top right of any Fabrik backend tab), and under Debugging, set "Debug JS" to Yes.

-- hugh

Hello

I had the same issue, and discovered that the Facebook Like element was the sinner. I removed the FB element, and the Cascading dropdown worked again. I use the Protostar template.

Best regards
Grethe

Hello

I had the same issue, and discovered that the Facebook Like element was the sinner. I removed the FB element, and the Cascading dropdown worked again. I use the Protostar template.

Best regards
Grethe

I can also mention that this has been a issue with earlier fabrik installations too. I had to remove the facebook like button from my customers website to get the javascript to work. Both the upload element and the cascading dropdown stopped working. Maybe someone should take a look on that little rascal :) ?

Both upload and CDD element are relying on Joomla's JS.

So if some 3rd party stuff is overriding this...

I have a clean Joomla 3.8.2 and the newest fabrik. I use this as a testsite and as I said, the original template Protostar, so there are NO 3rd party stuff on my site. I published the fblike now, and I got several errors, one asking for a file fbline.min.js.
The requested URL /plugins/fabrik_element/fblike/fblike-min.js was not found on this server.
I just installed the plugin as is, so why is the page asking for this file? And yes, it is not there.
The second error in my browser (chrome) I reckon is because of the missing js file...I don't know.
Uncaught Error: Script error for: element/fblike/fblike-min
http://requirejs.org/docs/errors.html#scripterror
at C (eval at <anonymous> (jquery.min.js:2), <anonymous>:8:252)
at HTMLScriptElement.onScriptError (eval at <anonymous> (jquery.min.js:2), <anonymous>:29:514)

So I don't think it's a 3rd party problem...

I have an updated server config with PHP 7 and my website has SSL and https.

The original poster doesn't have a Fabrik fblike plugin but a FBLike button added outside of Fabrik.

I didn't realize that you said "Facebook Like element".
But because the issue seems to be also with "outside Fabrik" fblike buttons I assume it's Facebook's JS.

Looks like our fblike code was somewhat out of date. Also, there was a line missing from the XML, so the -min js file wasn't getting installed. So if you include an fblike element, the page load will error out.

I'm currently working on bringing our implementation of the FB API code up to date, I'll commit something this evening.

-- hugh

FYI, I committed fixes for the fblike element. If you do a github update (see wiki) it should now work.

-- hugh

FYI, I committed fixes for the fblike element. If you do a github update (see wiki) it should now work.

-- hugh

I tried it, and it worked for fixing the Cascading Dropdown. But today I found a new issue with this fb like element. My client was going to try the form in front in protostar, and the editor in all text-fields was gone. I tried to switch between JCE and TinyMC, but nothing happened. Then I unpublished the fblike element in the form, and viola, the editor was back. I don't know why, but it seems that this facebook integration in forms does some nasty js stuff. All i need is a fblike button to show in the details-templates, not really in the form. I have a made database solution for clients that make it possible for them to use Fabrik instead of Joomla articles and K2, like a content management system for an organisation. And they use social media a lot. That's why I need this plugin to work.
Have you considered making an instagram integration too? ;-)

Hope you can take a look at the editor issue. I just got live with this site yesterday, so it is a bit embarrassing because I told the customer about the fblike fix :)

Have a nice evening! I thank you so much for all your fantastic work with Fabrik!!

Grethe

Issue confirmed.
It seems to be an old one:
textarea.js line 22 says
// Seems that tinyMCE isn't created if FbLike element published in form

Issue confirmed.
It seems to be an old one:
textarea.js line 22 says
// Seems that tinyMCE isn't created if FbLike element published in form
I don't see any reason fblike should be enabled in form view, so I'll just make it so it doesn't display.

Hugh

Sent from my HTC6545LVW using Tapatalk

I don't see any reason fblike should be enabled in form view, so I'll just make it so it doesn't display.

Hugh

Sent from my HTC6545LVW using Tapatalk

That's great!! Super-thankyou! :) I have fought with this little scundrell for years now! I hope finally this war is over :)

Grethe

It works with the default Joomla Protostar template.It couldn't work with Purity_III template by Chrome browser on desktop computer,But it works well on Phone browsers.Could anyone find the reason?Thanks!

Last edited:
What doesn't work?
Which exact Fabrik and Joomla and Purity_III versions?
Do you have a FB Like button on your site? If yes, is the site working without it?

Hi Troester,the Cascading down doesn't work on computer chrome.My Fabrikar is 3.8.1 and Joomla is 3.8.10 Stable. No FB like button and I had disabled FB like plugin.

Can you define "doesn't work"?

I just tested with Purity III and Chrome, and the CDD works fine for me.

Do you have a page we can look at?

-- hugh

Status
Not open for further replies.
We are in need of some funding.
More details.

Thank you.

Members online

No members online now.
Back