1. Hugh (cheesegrits) here. Thank you for all the good wishes. My back surgery was a success, post-op recovery is going well, and I'm getting stronger and feeling better every day. I hope to be getting back in the saddle and working support again over the next few days.
  2. IMPORTANT NOTE - we have made some changes in our github branch naming. The 'master' branch no longer exists, and is now called 'joomla25' (which is Fabrik 3.0). The 'joomla3' branch (which is Fabrik 3.2) remains unchanged. We have also removed all the other testing branches which had accuulated over the last few years. I have posted a thread in the Community forum for 3.0 with some more information, feel free to as questions there.

CDD and displaying stored data in a form

Discussion in 'Professional Support' started by e-ware, Jul 13, 2011.

1. e-ware Member

Level: Community
    LS

I have a table with some CDDs.
    Now when I display the detailed info (in the form) or edit a record (in the form) the CDD don't fill. They just sit there grayed out stating please select. Obviously this is because they didn't see a change on their trigger, the first trigger in the CDD chain being a database join.

My question is simple: how do I get the fields to correctly display the data that is stored, rather then waiting grayed out for a change on the first trigger?

Thanks
    -Erwin
  2. e-ware Member

Level: Community
    Fixed!

Alright, another thank you to Hugh for straightening me out here.

My form was working just fine for data entry.
    When I opened the form for editing/viewing however, the CDD's didn't load/show the data stored in the database.

The reason is that I have WHERE clauses on each of my CDD's, and that I used the formatted values in the placeholders, instead of the _raw ones.
    Hugh explained me that during Ajax calls both {foo___bar} and {foo___bar_raw} will contain the raw values. And since the CDDs are filled using ajax calls they worked fine for data entry.

On view/edit however, my WHERE clauses didn't work because they *should* contain the _raw placeholders, and I had the formatted ones in there.

anyway, bottom line (or the Laws of Hugh as I'm going to start calling these golden rules):

use _raw in any WHERE