1. Thank you for all the good wishes. I'm headed in for surgery (lumbar fusion) tomorrow, Thursday July 31st, I'll be in hospital for three days, and out of action for a few days after that. See y'all in about a week! Hugh.

CDD and displaying stored data in a form

Discussion in 'Professional Support' started by e-ware, Jul 13, 2011.

1. e-ware New Member

Level: Community
    LS

I have a table with some CDDs.
    Now when I display the detailed info (in the form) or edit a record (in the form) the CDD don't fill. They just sit there grayed out stating please select. Obviously this is because they didn't see a change on their trigger, the first trigger in the CDD chain being a database join.

My question is simple: how do I get the fields to correctly display the data that is stored, rather then waiting grayed out for a change on the first trigger?

Thanks
    -Erwin
  2. e-ware New Member

Level: Community
    Fixed!

Alright, another thank you to Hugh for straightening me out here.

My form was working just fine for data entry.
    When I opened the form for editing/viewing however, the CDD's didn't load/show the data stored in the database.

The reason is that I have WHERE clauses on each of my CDD's, and that I used the formatted values in the placeholders, instead of the _raw ones.
    Hugh explained me that during Ajax calls both {foo___bar} and {foo___bar_raw} will contain the raw values. And since the CDDs are filled using ajax calls they worked fine for data entry.

On view/edit however, my WHERE clauses didn't work because they *should* contain the _raw placeholders, and I had the formatted ones in there.

anyway, bottom line (or the Laws of Hugh as I'm going to start calling these golden rules):

use _raw in any WHERE