• Hello Fabrik Community

Fabrik is now in the hands of the development team that brought you Fabrik for Joomla 4. We have recently transitioned the Fabrik site over to a new server and are busy trying to clean it up. We have upgraded the site to Joomla 4 and are running the latest version of Fabrik 4. We have also upgraded the Xenforo forum software to the latest version. Many of the widgets you might have been used to on the forum are no longer operational, many abandoned by the developers. We hope to bring back some of the important ones as we have time.

Exciting times to be sure.

The Fabrik 4.0 Official release is now available. In addition, the Fabrik codebase is now available in a public repository. See the notices about these in the announcements section

We wish to shout out a very big Thank You to all of you who have made donations. They have really helped. But we can always use more...wink..wink..

Also a big Thank You to those of you who have been assisting others in the forum. This takes a very big burden off of us as we work on bugs, the website and the future of Fabrik.

Change Cascading Dropdown List dynamically

hvarun

HI,

I have 2 elements in a group:

element1 is dropdown having predefined values 1,2,3,4,5.

i have 5 lists with each list having list_type attribute which is having one of the value of element 1
list 1 : list_type = 1
list 2 : list_type = 2
list 3 : list_type = 3
list 4 : list_type = 4
list 5: list_type = 5

element 2 is a cascadingdropdown:
where under data tab, list is currently mapped to List1 and ID = id and value is name field from the list 1 table.

Watch element is element 1, which is having values from 1 to 5
Foriegn key is list_type from the list1 table.

-----------------------------------------------------------------
when i select the element 1 value as 1, i am able to see the available names in the list 1 as dropdown values in element 2.

i am trying to achieve this same behavior when i change element 1 to values 2,3,4,5. i.e. it should show corresponding list names in the element 2.
how can i achieve this? can i use eval to dynamically assign the list and value under data tab?

Last edited:
I'm not quite sure what you are trying to do. Are you trying to show data from different lists (tables) in the CDD? If so, that won't work. The CDD can only be configured to load from one table, filtering the options according to the "watched" element's value.

-- hugh

Thank you for the response hugh. yes i was trying to change the CDD table based on a dropdown field. i need to load IDs into element 2 from table based on the element 1 selection. is there any other way this can be achieved by defining the element 2 as a dropdown?

Nope. Really the only way to do it would be to have a join element for each list, and hide / show them in Javascript when the selection changes.

Sent from my HTC6545LVW using Tapatalk

We are in need of some funding.
More details.

Thank you.

Members online

Back