1. Hugh (cheesegrits) here. Thank you for all the good wishes. My back surgery was a success, post-op recovery is going well, and I'm getting stronger and feeling better every day. I hope to be getting back in the saddle and working support again over the next few days.
  2. IMPORTANT NOTE - we have made some changes in our github branch naming. The 'master' branch no longer exists, and is now called 'joomla25' (which is Fabrik 3.0). The 'joomla3' branch (which is Fabrik 3.2) remains unchanged. We have also removed all the other testing branches which had accuulated over the last few years. I have posted a thread in the Community forum for 3.0 with some more information, feel free to as questions there.

checkbox width

Discussion in 'Professional Support' started by von Horst, Apr 13, 2012.

1. von Horst Member

Level: Professional
    using checkbox element, it displays in width 286px.
    how can I change this to 750px?

[IMG]
  2. troester Well-Known Member

Level: Standard
    Your <li> width is 33%, did you set group columns to 2 or 3?
  3. von Horst Member

ah yes thanks, looks good now with 1 column in form view.

how can I do this:
    1) in detail view (read only), I like to have no more than 4 labels in one line and have them aligned (4 columns)
    2) is it poossible to show icons additionally in front of the labels, only in detail view?
  4. troester Well-Known Member

Level: Standard
    Maybe with a custom details view template.
  5. von Horst Member

how can I setup a custom template only for details view?
  6. cheesegrits Support Gopher

Level: Community
    It's like any custom template. Clone a copy of one of the standard templates. Then you just apply your new template name to the 'Detail View Template' in your form's Templates settings.

The same Fabrik form template will work for both form and details view. We just render things differently, depending which view type it is.

But ... I'm not sure if a custom template would help with the 'show labels in front' thing, because I think that's a per-element setting. So you may have to copy the whole form, and reset the element on the copy.

Hmmmm.

-- hugh

-- hugh