1. Hugh is now back at work, more or less full time, after a slower than expected recovery from his neck surgery early this month. Obviously we have a backlog of support to clear, and are working as hard as we can to take care of it. If you have an unanswered thread more than 3 days old, please post one (and only one) "bump" on it, to move it in to our "last 3 days" list. If you have an unanswered issue in a forum you no longer have access to due to subscriptions timing out, please use the Contact Us form, and provide us with the URL to the thread.

Cheking for details view

Discussion in 'Fabrik 3.x Testing' started by rajeshproreal, May 5, 2012.

1. rajeshproreal New Member

Level: Community
    Hi

I have a list where the data is entered only by the admin. In some rows, some elements have no value.

I want all the elements to be visible in the 'edit' view so that I can fill in the required elements.

In the 'details' view (for the public), I want to hide the elements that have no value.

I added the following condition to default_group.php:

<?php if ($element->value) { ?>
    <?php }?>

This does hide the empty elements in details view, but it also hides them in edit view.

Is there a way to make them hide only in details view?

Alternately, how can I add a condition to show the empty elements only to 'special' users.

Thanks

Rajesh
  2. felixkat Senior Member

Yes you could code this and I'm pretty sure there's info about this in the Wiki as I remember a fairly recent post about it.

However you could also just create two forms, one for edit and one for form view.
  3. rob Administrator

Generally this works:

PHP:

if (JRequest::getVar('view') == 'details') {
     // you are in a details view.....
    }