Clearing filters in list view clears filters set in article

fatcreat

In my article I have this {fabrik view=list id=1 project_issues___project=middle} which will be a page for a single client limiting the records shown to only their project. It works great!

I have filters turned on for two fields called "assigned to" and "status" and they are drop down selections. The only problem I am having is when you look at the list on the front end, there is a button for "clear filters" and it clears not only the filters on "assigned to" and "status", but also the filter on the project placed in the article (project_issues___project=middle). I'm trying to make a simple bug tracker to use and show clients so they can see what's going on in their projects. When I hit "clear filters", it now shows items for all the different clients, instead of just the one single client.

I originally tried doing this by placing a filter on the menu selection, but when I tried to choose the elements to show or filter on, there was nothing listed. I reinstalled the app and made sure to get the latest code from github. This is to say that I can't change the method I'm using to place the filter on the menu selection because it's not working for me.

Is there a way to get the clear filters button to not clear the original article filters? And if not, does anyone know what file I could modify and delete out the lines that display the clear filters button?

I am using J2.5 and Fabrik 3.0.52.

Thanks so much in advance,

I originally tried doing this by placing a filter on the menu selection, but when I tried to choose the elements to show or filter on, there was nothing listed. I reinstalled the app and made sure to get the latest code from github. This is to say that I can't change the method I'm using to place the filter on the menu selection because it's not working for me.
Not quite sure what you mean.
If you need a "sticky" filter you must apply a prefilter to your list.
If you are calling the list directly via a Joomla menu item (i.e. Menu Item Type = (fabrik) List) you can add a prefilter (= click "Options"in the "Option" part.
This way you can have multiple menu items showing the same list but filtered (sticky) with different values (and maybe for different access levels)
e.g.
for a menu item (type fabrik list) "projectA" add a prefilter (= click "Options, then prefilter "select", set your prefilter, close popup, save menu item)

Elements Condition Value Type Access
project EQUALS projectA text public

Yeah, that's the part that wasn't working for me. When I try to add a new menu item list, under the options tab, when I choose the select button under either pre-filters or show in list, it doesn't display any elements (the popup shows, but there is nothing in the elements drop down), so I'm not able to set the filter this way. This is how I originally tried it, and recreated the list, uninstalled, reinstalled, and then grabbed the latest from github and tried again. Same thing.

In updating this ticket, I was trying to grab a screen capture of the screen popping up with no elements listed. And now all the elements are listed. Go figure. So I've set the filter on the menu item and now the clear filters button is working as expected. I'm still experiencing a lot of "weirdness" when I try to edit this menu item though. Sometimes clicking on "show in list" dims the screen, but the pop up never appears and I have to refresh the page in order to do anything else. Also the show in list option doesn't seem to be working as it's showing all the columns that are published (7 in total) rather than just the three I have selected to show. BUT, the page is filtering correctly for me now and I couldn't be happier with the program. I'm just putting the other information out there in case anyone else has the same thing. Oh, and it seemed to happen more in Firefox. I had to jump over to IE and get it to work there.

Thanks for your help!

I had to create a NEW menu so I could filter a different project. The "no elements" is happening again. Jumped over to IE and its doing the same thing. That's in both the show in table and pre-filters drop downs.
Capture.JPG

wMPPFYe9+z8tgAAAABJRU5ErkJggg==

Okay, I think I've figured out the problem. I think you need to save the menu item first, and THEN the elements appear. Which makes perfect sense now that I've figured it out. Hopefully this helps someone else.

Sometimes clicking on "show in list" dims the screen, but the pop up never appears and I have to refresh the page in order to do anything else
Yes, I can see this, too. It happens if you click 'Select' twice (without saving).
Also the show in list option doesn't seem to be working as it's showing all the columns that are published (7 in total) rather than just the three I have selected to show.
This is working on my site; did you try to clear cache?

We are in need of some funding.
More details.

Thank you.

Members online

Back