• Hello Fabrik Community

Fabrik is now in the hands of the development team that brought you Fabrik for Joomla 4. We have recently transitioned the Fabrik site over to a new server and are busy trying to clean it up. We have upgraded the site to Joomla 4 and are running the latest version of Fabrik 4. We have also upgraded the Xenforo forum software to the latest version. Many of the widgets you might have been used to on the forum are no longer operational, many abandoned by the developers. We hope to bring back some of the important ones as we have time.

Exciting times to be sure.

The Fabrik 4.0 Official release is now available. In addition, the Fabrik codebase is now available in a public repository. See the notices about these in the announcements section

We wish to shout out a very big Thank You to all of you who have made donations. They have really helped. But we can always use more...wink..wink..

Also a big Thank You to those of you who have been assisting others in the forum. This takes a very big burden off of us as we work on bugs, the website and the future of Fabrik.

Community Builder or JomSocial or EasySocial

Bren

Hello All.
I'm interested in making my Fabrik website into a multi-group (companies) site. I'm assuming the easiest way to do this is by installing a Social Community Extension (like Community Builder or JomSocial or EasySocial) and using a group feature; but I'm not sure which one has the best integration with Fabrik for what I want it to do. I would like each group (company) to be able to only see Fabrik list rows related to the group (company) that a user has access to. I would also like access to each group to be controlled by a groups related admin or other users within the group. So, maybe by invitation only. So, far I've been playing with CB & installed the Fabrik CB plugin; but I haven't gotten the Fabrik CB plugin to do anything, yet. Could I trouble anyone for a recommendation on which Social Community Extension (like Community Builder or JomSocial or EasySocial) that integrates best with Fabrik in this fashion?
Thanks in advance.

Personally I prefer JomSocial. The only drawback is that the way JomSocial plugins work, you can't have more than one, without copying and modifying the plugin code to change the class name. CB allows you to have any number. So it kind of depends on exactly what you want to show in the social tabs.

My advice would be to go with the one which suits your needs, then hammer Fabrik into shape to fit. I can't provide huge amounts of support, but I'm always open to improving our "social" plugins, whenever someone happens along wanting to use them.

-- hugh

Hi Hugh.
Cool. Thanks for the suggestions.
I found the CB plugin in Fabrik downloads; but I haven't found the JomSocial plugin. Could I trouble you for a link to it?
Also, a link to any additional info on both plugins would be great, too.
Thanks in advance.

It's in github, in the ./plugins/community folder. So make sure you have latest github, and "Discover" it.

-- hugh

Hi Hugh.
So, if I download all from; https://github.com/Fabrik/fabrik and then (after downloading & unzipping the fabrik-joomla3.zip) I can then browse to the /plugins/community folder I should find the JomSocial plugin within it? or, are you saying I should go ahead and update my site with this latest version of Fabrik to tell Joomla 3.4 to discover it?
Thanks in advance.

The latter. Although you could just upload the community folder, aa that plugin doesn't depend on any other changes in github. And yes, then discover in J!.

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk

Hi All.
So, I have a current JomSocial subscription and updated my Joomla 3.5.1 site with the latest Fabrik Github. I then discovered the Fabrik for JomSocial plugin, per the attached snippet / screenshot. I then went to components > JomSocial > Applications and assumed I would see this plugin; but do not, per the 2nd attached snippet / screenshot. What now? Thanks in advance.

Attachments

• JomSocial Plugin.JPG
    JomSocial Plugin.JPG
    118.2 KB · Views: 318
  • JomSocial Applications.JPG
    JomSocial Applications.JPG
    114.2 KB · Views: 272
So, I enabled the Plugin Fabrik for JomSocial and attempted to guess & apply some settings to have it do something related to JomSocial; per the attached snippet / screenshots. I would love to have it display a list within & related to specific JomSocial Groups; but I don't have any documentation on this plugin to have it do anything. Any guidance would be awesome. Thanks in advance.

Attachments

• Plgin Fabrik for JomSocial.JPG
    Plgin Fabrik for JomSocial.JPG
    68.2 KB · Views: 298
  • Plgin Fabrik for JomSocial - 2nd Tab.JPG
    Plgin Fabrik for JomSocial - 2nd Tab.JPG
    38.6 KB · Views: 267
My JomSocial install got blown away a few months ago (don't ask), and it seems that my JomSocial license has expired. I'm contacted them and asked for a new dev license.

Until I get a new license and a fresh install, I can't do much.

-- hugh

Hi Hugh.
I understand & really appreciate it.
I haven't seen any errors from it, yet. Is there any general wiki info on how it works? All I have is the tool tips that appear next to each setting item; but no idea what or where I should see something (a list or form) on the front end.
Thanks in advance.

I got a response from the JomSocial folk, with a code to extend my license for free. It'll still take me a while to get a new test install built, though. I don't want to to install JomSocial on my regular testbed, as it adds a layer of complexity I don't need for most stuff.

-- hugh

We are in need of some funding.
More details.

Thank you.

Members online

Back