Confirm dialog in update column list plugin

startpoint

I use update column list plugin to update row value on button click.
How to add confirm dialog?
When user click "yes" need to update column and refresh list.
When you click No, close only the dialog and nothing changes.

The php list plugin has a JS option.
So if you can use this for updating the column...

The php list plugin not have email function.
This can be done with php code.
The confirm dialog works correctly, but I want to use a modal window with per-language multilingual texts.
How to trigger to run php code through modal window like confirm dialog?

I could maybe add a confirmation dialog option to the update_col. I presume you would only need it when "user selection" is NOT enabled? So you've preset what fields/value get updated.

What's your timeframe on this? I leave for a trip to the UK this weekend, I might be able to get it done before then, but if not, it'd be another week or so.

I'm happy to do this, as I actually have a similar requirement for a client project. It's just that my deadline isn't for a few months, so I'd be moving it up the priority totem pole.

-- hugh

I use a plugin to update the column by a user. The aim of the pop up window is to warn it and prevent unwanted updates.
It's good to do this. I've already done it through js and ajax, so I'm not urgent at all.
But most urgently, and certainly not just me, is working at least one of the two plugins for the dates correctly. Right now both have problems.
And I think they are the most important in every application.
I hope you have an opportunity to fix them before your trip.

I'm working on date stuff now, so let me know what issues I still need to fix. I did some work on it before I left.

-- hugh

For the first issue, enable the time picker ("Show time selector").

That was one of the major changes I had to implement. As the tooltip on the "Form format" says, "Do not include time formatting in this. Time formatting is added automatically depending on your time picker settings". If you don't enable the time picker, you don't get any time.

Although this is a major change from the way the date element always used to work, it was necessary in order to accommodate the much improved time pickers, replacing the frankly awful one we wrote ourselves a decade ago. None of the "off the shelf" ones allow "free form" time formatting, they restrict you to basic formats. So I can't allow free form time formatting any more, and have to build the time format depending on which time picker and what settings you use for it.

And if the time picker is not enabled, there is no time format ... so no time.

-- hugh

Thank you for the fix and info.
Everything is ok now.
If you have time you can make this confirm dialog. I think that update record is important like delete operation.

We are in need of some funding.
More details.

Thank you.

Members online

Back