1. We apologize for the slow support at the moment. Hugh (cheesegrits) is scheduled for some major back surgery this month to repair two ruptured discs which are severely hampering his ability to work, and one of our stalwart community support members is on vacation for the month. Please bear with us.

Confirmation, Email and Redirect Plugin issues

Discussion in 'Standard Support' started by deepakdhingra, May 15, 2012.

1. deepakdhingra Member

Level: Community
    Hi, I seem to be misssing something here because i have looked all over the forums for this (Point 1) and I cant get it.

1. My issue with confirmation plugin - after the user fills up the form it shows re-Edit but when user clicks on Re-Edit, he is taken back to site home page. Now how did that happen? Also, is there any way to modify the message in Red "Please confirm your Details"?

2. With receipt plugin, there is no way to select a HTML Template the way one can with Email Plugin. Can this be done?

3. Is there a way to use a Joomla page with Fabrik placeholders so that I can use the Joomla page to show the user content that he submitted in the form? Somethin like - Thanks for your submission,{name}. I know this is already possible in the redirect plugin but with a Joomla page I can show a lot of other things after the form has been submitted.

Thanks Deepak
  2. deepakdhingra Member

Also, I forgot to mention that i am using Fabrik 2.1.1 on Joomla 1.5

Thanks.

Deepak
  3. deepakdhingra Member

Friendly Bump here
  4. jfquestiaux Well-Known Member

Level: Professional
    I can't help you with 1 and 2, but for point 3, what I do for this kind of thing is to use a content plugin that allows you to imbed PHP code in a Joomla article (I use Sourcerer for that).
    I then pass the data I want to include in the article in the URL when I do the redirect to the article, retreive and display the data with the PHP plugin.
  5. cheesegrits Support Gopher

I could have sworn I posted a response on this.

For 3., either use jfq's approach (I uses Direct PHP, rather than Sourcerer), but the effect is the same, you can then embed things like ...

PHP:
    <?php echo JRequest::getVar('yourtable___yourelement'); ?>
    ... to output the value of any element that gets passed along with the URL to the article (either by adding it to the jump URL yourself using placeholders, or by enabling "append form data to jump url").

If simply echoing the raw data isn't enough, if you need Fabrik to "render" the data for you, you can also use the {fabrik view=element ...} content plugin in your article. make sure you append &rowid={rowid} to your jump URL, and then ...

{fabrik view=element listid=X rowid=[rowid] element=yourtable___yourelement}

For 1., can you point me at your page?

-- hugh
  6. deepakdhingra Member

Thanks for your help, jfquestiaux. And Hugh. Will work on Point 3 and report.

Hugh, about Point 1, have PM'ed the URL to you. What I find strange is this - all the PMs sent to you can be seen by anyone. Some ppl have PM'ed you login access to their sites and that's also visible to all. I thought private messages (isnt that what PM stands for?) would be visible to you only. Or is there some other kind of PM?

Also, noone has answered about Point 2. Could anyone help on that as well please?

Thanks.

Deepak
  7. rob Administrator

for 2 if there's no option then no it can't be done. We're not actively developing new features on fabrik 2 so its not something we'd be looking at implementing.
  8. deepakdhingra Member

Ok Rob. Thanks for replying.

Hugh, were you able to look at the page I PM-ed about Point 1. Please do have a look.

Thanks.

Deepak