• Hello Fabrik Community

Fabrik is now in the hands of the development team that brought you Fabrik for Joomla 4. We have recently transitioned the Fabrik site over to a new server and are busy trying to clean it up. We have upgraded the site to Joomla 4 and are running the latest version of Fabrik 4. We have also upgraded the Xenforo forum software to the latest version. Many of the widgets you might have been used to on the forum are no longer operational, many abandoned by the developers. We hope to bring back some of the important ones as we have time.

Exciting times to be sure.

The Fabrik 4.0 Official release is now available. In addition, the Fabrik codebase is now available in a public repository. See the notices about these in the announcements section

We wish to shout out a very big Thank You to all of you who have made donations. They have really helped. But we can always use more...wink..wink..

Also a big Thank You to those of you who have been assisting others in the forum. This takes a very big burden off of us as we work on bugs, the website and the future of Fabrik.

Copy form with new BD table - SOLVED

HyperOsmar

Dear,

Is it possible to copy an entire structure (List, Form, Group and Elements) but using another database table ??? ...

I already have a form for course "A" ready, and I want to take the opportunity to copy to course "B", but creating a new table ...

I thank everyone...

troester, good afternoon ...

After performing the steps described in the link, the following message appeared:

ERRO
Sorry we can not create content types with cascadingdropdown element plugins

Oh, I didn't know.
Maybe you can change your CDD to a dbjoin at least for the export (note your settings for restoring the CDD afterwards).
CDD is complicated anyway. In many cases it's easier and more flexible to use a dbjoin with a Data-where using an element placeholder (the "watched" element) and Ajax update enabled.

troester,

I found your suggestion interesting, but I am not aware of MySQL.

If possible, I need your help, is there any way you can teach me how to do it, at least the syntax ??? ...

troester, how are you ???

I followed your suggestion regarding the use of databasejoin, but it is not working properly.

Where am I my mistake ??? ...

See attached images ...

Respectfully,

Attachments

• databasejoin_where_001.jpg
    databasejoin_where_001.jpg
    83.2 KB · Views: 71
  • databasejoin_where_002.jpg
    databasejoin_where_002.jpg
    64.4 KB · Views: 71
It's not clear what in your screenshots are column names and what are table names.
Fabrik has full element names (used in the placeholders) table___column (3! underscores, your screenshot looks like only 2)
And it has to be placed into the "Joins where..." field, not into "Filter where"

OK...

Table names (imagen databasejoin_003):
  • cad_municipios
  • cad_estagiarios
I made the changes and the following message appeared (image databasejoin_004)

Attachments

• databasejoin_where_003.jpg
    databasejoin_where_003.jpg
    53.2 KB · Views: 78
  • databasejoin_where_004.jpg
    databasejoin_where_004.jpg
    19.7 KB · Views: 62
Last edited:
So beside the 3 underscores in the placeholder it doesn't know a column uf_est.

Looking at databasejoin_where_001.jpg I assume it's cad_estagiarios_uf_est

troester,

The correct is: WHERE '{cad_estagiario___uf_res}' = '{cad_municipios___uf_raw]'

I had put the image wrong ...

After adding the 03 underlines, the page opens normally, select the "State" but the "City" field is not loaded ...

I sincerely apologize for taking your time...

The correct is: WHERE '{cad_estagiario___uf_res}' = '{cad_municipios___uf_raw]'
No. If you want to use more than out of the box features of Fabrik you should learn a bit MySQL etc. It's
WHERE some-db-table-column = 'something' (with Ajax update 'something' can be a Fabrik element placeholder {full-element-name})

In my post above I didn't realize that you changed your WHERE condition form uf_est to uf_res

In your screenshot databasejoin_where_001.jpg you don't have anything with uf_res.
So please check your column names, element names etc., check your brackets (you have a ] instead of } at the end of your placeholder) ...

Your table/columns names are still unclear.
It may be
WHERE uf_est = '{cad_municipios___uf_raw}'

troester, good morning ...

Following your advice, I managed to change the CCD fields to DBJoin.

With that, I was able to create a form template from an existing one.

But I inform you that after creating a form from a template using a new table in the database, it is necessary to configure the DBJoin fields according to the elements of the new table.

I really appreciate your help.

Tks ...

We are in need of some funding.
More details.

Thank you.

Members online

Back