1. Fabrik 3.8.1 has been released. It is mostly bug fixes and feature enhancements, but does include two new plugins (push notifications, and the sequence element). As usual we strongly recommend testing the new release on a sandbox if your application is mission critical, and always do an Akeeba backup before updating.
    Dismiss Notice

Copy selected rowid from list to a field on a form

Discussion in 'Community' started by henk, Oct 13, 2018 at 10:24 AM.

1. henk

henk Member

Level: Community
    I have a page with an article, below that a list in a module and below that a form (to add to the list) in a module.
    I want to have a button (or link) on each row of the list that fills in the rowid in a field on the form.
    (So that you can reply on one of the items in the list and add your reply to that list.)
    I don't want to go to a different page and also no popup.

Already tried to use the related data link, list link-plugin and list php-plugin, but don't get it to work.
    My guess is to make it work using some js, but I tried the list php-plugin and the gave me an 'invalid controller' error. This was because I could not set ajax for the module; this must be set to no, because I need 'use as row class' for an element.

Does anyone has a suggestion how to get this working?

-Henk