1. We apologize for the slow support at the moment. Hugh (cheesegrits) is scheduled for some major back surgery this month to repair two ruptured discs which are severely hampering his ability to work, and one of our stalwart community support members is on vacation for the month. Please bear with us.

Cosmetic issue: Form that does not save to database

Discussion in 'Fabrik 2.0 Beta Testing' started by CyberFabrik, Sep 20, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. CyberFabrik New Member

Level: Standard
    Hello all,

does it make sense for a form that does not save to the database not to have the submit button showing? Or at least have a option to show/hide the submit button?

Many thanks.
  2. rob Administrator

Level: Community
    what would be the point of a form without a submit button?
  3. CyberFabrik New Member

Since Fabrik gives the option for a form not to save to a database I guess that makes the form a "view-only" form...

Does that make sense?
  4. CyberFabrik New Member

Hi Rob,

sorry to raise this issue again...but i am sure i am not the only one that has some Fabrik forms that are used either as view only lookup forms or as forms with custom functionality.

I would therefore like to re-raise the issue of making forms not show a submit button when the form is not set to save to database. I have already applied some code changes to Fabrik code and the more i use it the more i believe it should be part of the core.

It is a very simple mod and i can supply with the patch if you agree.
  5. cheesegrits Support Gopher

Remember that some people just use email submission for their forms. So 'record in database' is not an indication that the form is read-only, it just means they don't want to record the data in a table. It might be a search form, or submits via email, or kicks off some custom submission plugin.

-- hugh
  6. CyberFabrik New Member

Ah yes...you are quite right (as always)...my bad...maybe an option to hide the button? (as we do for the back and reset)?
  7. cheesegrits Support Gopher

Well that's kinda what the read-only template is for ... ?

Not much point having a modifiable form that can't be submitted?

-- hugh
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.